Mesa 2:50 questions

• Members

How does this one hold up to the 50/50. I am looking for a more recto like tone out of the amp ( not mark) is this one revoiced for a more recto sound? I got a line on a used one for a good price. Or should I just try a simul 2:90 instead?

Thanks

• Members

If your good price is anything like the new ADA MP-1 for $100, I am going to personally start a mob with pitch forks and flaming things and lead them to your house :mad:

Honestly, I haven't heard either so I can't really tell you. Maybe the best thing to do is to go to a music shop and hear them side by side.

• Members

Originally posted by t-rave

How does this one hold up to the 50/50. I am looking for a more recto like tone out of the amp ( not mark) is this one revoiced for a more recto sound? I got a line on a used one for a good price. Or should I just try a simul 2:90 instead?

Thanks

I could be wrong but the 2:50 is the same as the 50/50, except with a new case design. Thats all!!

Duke

• Members

Well, I'm pretty sure there are more than cosmetic differences between the two, although I'm not sure what they are.

If it turns out that you like the tone of the 2:50 and it's at a good price then go for it, but if you don't get it and you're looking at the 2:90 then I'd say check out the 2:100 instead. It's the poweramp they based on the Recto's power section, and since that's the tone you're going for it seems like an obvious consideration.

• Members

they eliminated the half power (15w per side) mode on the new 2:50, incorporated a bias switch that lets you run either 6l6's or el34's, and supposedly added more "warmth"--whatever that means (sounds like a bit of marketing spin to me). beyond that the changes are only cosmetic...

Archived