Jump to content

Power conditioner [voltage]


Recommended Posts

  • Members

Sax,

 

Let us know if you manage to get it working for you and how it works.. I'm thinking of getting some stuff from the US, and was thinking exactly the same thing.. however, I notice that some stuff have an automatic volt adjustor, like the G-major, it automatically compensates... Tell us how it works and where you got it from etc etc..

 

Thanx mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Brian Chan

Hey saxamafone


Does Furman has the dealer in Oz? I think you can ask them to order a PL-8E or Pl- PlusE. Both units are work in 220V.
:D

 

but... wouldn't that then be supplying 220V to his precious 120V equipment...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by sp_spaceboy



but... wouldn't that then be supplying 220V to his precious 120V equipment...?

 

 

YES! (I assume in OZ you have 220 volts).

 

Saxamafone: I think you'll be right doing what you said at first. (You say you'll get a transformer from 220 (OZ) to 120 (US), connect the american furman to it and fed all the gear from the furman. Don't you?)

 

The only problem is that your furman won't protect the stepdown transformer.

 

I received today my furman pl-plus E. I'll do something very similar to what you are planning... but instead of a step down transformer, I'll get a voltage regulator (230 volts), and from it to the furman. (The reg. will be out of the rack so the furman won't protect it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Dr.Love



YES! (I assume in OZ you have 220 volts).


Saxamafone: I think you'll be right doing what you said at first. (You say you'll get a transformer from 220 (OZ) to 120 (US), connect the american furman to it and fed all the gear from the furman. Don't you?)


The only problem is that your furman won't protect the stepdown transformer.

 

yes that's right!

I'd then run the furman into an oz surge protector....so it'd really be doing the same thing as the furman as far as protection.

Might as well buy one and try it :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Out of curiosity, what kind of rack EQ do you have?

I'm just asking as if it's relatively new, I think it should be easy enough to change the power transformer... like I just got a POD XT Pro from the use.. and to change to 240V, all I had to do was open, unclip a plug and clip it into the 240V section, and off I go...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by saxamafone



yes that's right!

I'd then run the furman into an oz surge protector....so it'd really be doing the same thing as the furman as far as protection.

Might as well buy one and try it
:p

 

Do you mean this?:

 

Wall output to OZ surge protector, then to stepdown transformer, then to furman (US), and then to the rest of the gear.

 

Is that what you are saying?

 

There is a difference between power conditioner and voltage stabilizer (regulator). If you use both i think the correct way to connect them is first power conditioner (protection), and then voltage stabilizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Whoops.. sorry.. when I saw rack EQ I meant Equipment... should've stated it... what rack eq are you using. ... or something.. do'h!!! nevermind it still doesnt' make sense.. I mud too much.. anyways. yeah.. what are you racking with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...