Can I run a POD Pro for effects with a JMP-1?

• Members

I just won a JMP-1 on ebay and I was wondering if I can use my POD Pro with it strictly for effects? The floorboard is really conveinient, especially since I already own it! I don't use many effects, but I do have very specific sounds that I need for some of our songs. I'd like to avoid having to go back to pedals...the floorboard was a godsend for live use! Too bad I've never been happy with the high gain sounds on the POD.

FYI- I use a Marshall 9100 power amp, and a BBE in the effects loop right now. Any combination of 2 2x12's and 2 4x12's rounds out the rig, depending on the venue.

I'm pretty ignorant to MIDI stuff.:(

• Members

Originally posted by Banzini

he might like that since the jmp-1 sounds like ass.
:)
congrats on your purchase, finns.

Maybe to your own ears, but to mine and many others they are pretty damn nice. Especially if you take the time to dial it in. Sorry you couldn't be more helpful...smartass!:rolleyes:

• Members

you can run a preamp into a pod but I don't believe it is possible to fully bypass the pod's preamp section. All you can do is turn off the cabinet emulation and AIR functions and turn the preamp gain in the pod all the way off.

THe fact that the Pod is going to convert your preamp signal from analog to digital isn't any different than using any other digital effects processorlike an intellifex , G major, etc. The only way to deal with that is to use a mixer to run digital processors in paralell to the preamp. But for now, just plug the MArshall straight into the pod.

• Members

In the Pod Pro manual, you can turn off the preamp and just use the effects (you might have to do the "deep editing" with a computer, not sure forgot how). The JMP-1 effects loop is parallel which is different than most effects loops. After you find it in the manual, you'll have digital effects and running parallel with a analog mix.

• Members

Im pretty sure theres a "direct" amp model (or none is what that means), and no cab model, which is basically turning off everything but FX.

But, on the old POD, and the XT, I dunno, its nots a transparent thing doing this. It makes the orginal amp sound like its going through a wind tunnel or something.

At least for me. Some people talk like theyve gotten some decent results...

Archived