so many rocktron effects processors!!!

• Members

ok, this thread is an idea I had to help anyone looking into rocktron effects. There's so bloody many, most of them closely related to eachother, that it's kinda confusing. There's been a lot of interest in them here recently, so maybe we can clear up exactly how they differ from eachother. I can't judge on sound quality, so I'm hoping someone more experienced will do that for me, but I've gone through the manuals, and this is what i think:

replifex/multivalve/xpression. that's in chronological order btw, and this is the one that interests me the most. it seems the xpression actually has the least features, lacking auto pan and amp channel switching, and the multivalve has everything on the replifex, plus "tube mode" which incorporates a 12AX7 valve into the signal with various gain settings to change the tone. comments on this feature very much appreciated :

• Members

I have a Multivalve and a "blackface" Intellifex that I use in my rig. The Multivalve is a sleeper processor. It's sounds great, has no preset loading lag, has great modulation effects, one of the best Leslie simulators and the tube does in fact add to the tone. The Intellifex is far better at delays and reverb than the Rep/Multi/Xpression processors as well as it's 8 voice chorus and it's those strengths that I use. The Intelliverb is an Intellifex with more memory and a better processor so it has longer delay times and a much better reverb although the reverb in the Intellifex is pretty darned good.

• Members

hey flat fifth, have you tried swapping the valve inthe multivalve? wonder how much difference it would make...

i really liked the look of the multivalve, especially now I know the tube actually helps... but I went and missed one on ebay for

• Members

The 2 most interesting are IMHO the intelliverb and the intellipitch. Intelliverb is really better sounding than the intellifex. Very good verb algos. The intellipitch is the only one that has intelligent pitch shifting and is very very good at that. I have that one. It tracks very well even at warp speed playing. Still looking for an intelliverb at a low price.

• Members

So the Intellifex Online and the LTD are the exact same except that the Online lets you exchange presets online? The Online feature isnt very important to me. If I could find an Intelliverb, I think I would go with that. If not, I would likely go for an Intellifex LTD or XL.

What about the "blackface" version of the Intellifex? Why is it supposedly the best?

• Members

Originally posted by guitar2326

What about the "blackface" version of the Intellifex? Why is it supposedly the best?

It's not, its just the first issue of it, so a lot of people are way too layal to it. . . I have the LTD myself, and i must say, its simply awesome, you can get a program now called Intellsetup, its for the Intellifex/verb lines. its much like the Line 6 Sound Driver program, DEEP EDITING. i have had trouble changing the configuration of my effects on my LTD, and this thing lets me do it easily. heres a screen shot

inteleditor.jpg

its a very cool program. get the intellifex/verb just for this feature, i'd say

• Members

Originally posted by bobvex

you can get a program now called Intellsetup, its for the Intellifex/verb lines. its much like the Line 6 Sound Driver program, DEEP EDITING. i have had trouble changing the configuration of my effects on my LTD, and this thing lets me do it easily.

its a very cool program. get the intellifex/verb just for this feature, i'd say

oooooh!

hope they make something like that for the replifex.

how do you connect the intellifex to the PC for that?

• Members

Originally posted by sp_spaceboy

oooooh!

hope they make something like that for the replifex.

how do you connect the intellifex to the PC for that?

usb/serial to MIDI in/out

i think they have one for the relifex.

lemme check

*checks*

:( nooooo. . .

but the do have some patches at the rocktron site.

• Members

i have an xpression, but i can't tell you much about it as i've not had it long and i've never used any other rocktron stuff. but the one thing i like about it is that you can let the delay/reverb spill over into the next preset if you want. that's cool.

Archived