just tried the midi-mate...

• Members

Originally posted by saxamafone

just had a try of a midi-mate.......these things are awesome!!. i wasn't sure about them just from reading and looking online but after trying one in the flesh i'm really likin it!!

those things have phaontom power Issues. . .be careful

• Members

Bobvex- Hang on!

I've been using my midimate phantom powered for years now with no issues.

I also have a DMC Ground Control and using either carry midi signals just fine.

I reviewed the HC comments for the midimate as it seems the posting you're referencing has the person using the midimate standard powerbox (or something to that effect)

I run a 500 ma power supply off my Triaxis with a Hosa midi cable and nothing gets warm and everything operates fine.

I favor the midimate as it also allows for programable on/off functions to my G Major.

Yeah it's not a Ground Control Pro nor an All Access, but serves me well in the bang for buck arena.

• Members

Originally posted by Musicman2000

Bobvex- Hang on!

I've been using my midimate phantom powered for years now with no issues.

I also have a DMC Ground Control and using either carry midi signals just fine.

I reviewed the HC comments for the midimate as it seems the posting you're referencing has the person using the midimate standard powerbox (or something to that effect)

I run a 500 ma power supply off my Triaxis with a Hosa midi cable and nothing gets warm and everything operates fine.

I favor the midimate as it also allows for programable on/off functions to my G Major.

Yeah it's not a Ground Control Pro nor an All Access, but serves me well in the bang for buck arena.

i've never heard any other complaints about phantom power issues aside from that one review, and bobvex mentioning that one review.

so far everyone i've talked to that owns one praises it.

Archived