Affordable rackmount relay switcher?

• Members

Hi, I'm looking for a relay switch to midi-switch the channels on my amp.

The footsim

would do the job, but I have too many little boxes hanging around so I would like to have it rack-mount.. anyone who knows what I should look for? I don't need more than 4 relays, and not too pricey either.. ;)

• Members

Tuv is absolutely right about the rx1 being the best, but the gentlemen asked for affordable and doesn`t need more than 4 switching functions.

The gcx is going to be the most affordable and meets your criteria.

The rx1 is the best buy for all the things it does and the sheer quality of the unit. If however you are on a budget the gcx will work and get you thru until you can afford a rx1.

Happy racking,

Tom

• Members

I've been thinking about it, and CFX4 looks nice, great price too. How would you suggest rack-mounting it? The reason I asked for a rackmount was simply to have all the gear togheter without anything just laying around.. I've ordered a 4U mesa softrack, and I will use 1u for effect, and I'm thinking about using the 2 lower spaces to bring with me ground control pro when I get it, just fix something that makes it fit in there when I'm traveling. So you could say I have 1u.. any suggestions for making the CFX4 to fit?

thanks

• Members

Originally posted by Hallvard

I've been thinking about it, and CFX4 looks nice, great price too. How would you suggest rack-mounting it? The reason I asked for a rackmount was simply to have all the gear togheter without anything just laying around.. I've ordered a 4U mesa softrack, and I will use 1u for effect, and I'm thinking about using the 2 lower spaces to bring with me ground control pro when I get it, just fix something that makes it fit in there when I'm traveling. So you could say I have 1u.. any suggestions for making the CFX4 to fit?

thanks

The CFX4 would be a great choice Hallvard. It`s a great little box that is well thought out and very well built like all axess products. I own one and am very pleased with it. I have it dual locked to the inside interior of my rack and have had no problems with this. I would either do this or dual lock it to a rack mounted tray. This is very popular and I one of these in my rack as well with quite a few pedals and a voodoo labs pedal power II all dual locked to the tray.

This should be a great option for you and is more specific to your needs than a gcx would be.

Tom

Archived