How can you tell if a rack effect is meant for U.S. or Canadian market?

• Members

I'm looking at a rack effect on ebay that says "110 Volts" on the box. I'm not sure if its truely meant for USA outlets or for Canadian or overseas outlets. How can I tell if its truely a USA meant rack effect? The owner says he has used it in the USA without problems, but he could be lying. Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by andyhumb

I'm looking at a rack effect on ebay that says "110 Volts" on the box. I'm not sure if its truely meant for USA outlets or for Canadian or overseas outlets. How can I tell if its truely a USA meant rack effect? The owner says he has used it in the USA without problems, but he could be lying. Thanks

Canadian appliances have to be modified for use in igloos,you'll see alil igloo sticker next to the power cord on the item.If you buy a Canadian amp-preamp -whatever, you may need to have the power supply un-modified for use in the USA.

• Members

Originally posted by Soldano67

Canadian appliances have to be modified for use in igloos,you'll see alil igloo sticker next to the power cord on the item.If you buy a Canadian amp-preamp -whatever, you may need to have the power supply un-modified for use in the USA.

Yes... the Canadian units have a special GFCI specification that ensures that you don't get electrocuted while standing in the puddles that accumulate in the igloo when the roof starts to melt in July.

Archived