Triaxis buttons sticking a bit

• Members

Hmm, it shouldn't be dirt. My Triaxis is EXTREMELY clean. Actually, I had that green plastic cover on the front still until earlier this month. That front cover looks immaculate...

It couldn't be that the inside board is loose and pulled away from the front buttons, could it?

I guess I'm going to have to call Boogie and ask...

• Members

If the buttons are sticking, then it's they are not loose.

If you press the button and nothing happens, it could be loose.

Depending on how the construction of the switch is, it might be a sealed part and could require needing to be replaced.

Hopefully, you can take them appart and use contact cleaner.

• Members

I think you should call boogie first. This may be easy to fix, but it's not like a good old pot...,and I belive it to be sensetiv on the inside. Have you had a look inside?

Great preamp, in my ears maybe the best and most flexable pre-amp made, so be carefull:-)

Bjor

• Members

It's only from time to time that a button sticks. I'll call Boogie if I notice it happening again though. I'm just glad that you can program everything in advance and pull up programs by the footcontroller.

Actually, the buttons sticking is the only complaint that I've ever had about this preamp.

• Members

El Grinder - Off the subject a tad, but are you taking advantage of the TA's Mesa midi download/upload utility?

It offers a real cool means to change, tweak and save TA settings. Beyond that, it really spares the normal wear and tear on the Triaxis membrane.

It worth checking out if you haven't already.

Good luck freeing up your stick...

Archived