GrooveTubes Trio preamp

• Members

That`s a really cool preamp. It has some great Fendery vintage style tones. I would never consider for liquidy type gain though. It just isn`t that kind of animal.

The CAA 3+, Soldano(any model), Bogner Fish, Egnater(any model), Engl (any model). These are the pro preamps that get you that type of gain.

Tom

• Members

i second what tonedoctor said: it's a very good preamp for reproducing vintage style amps: fender deluxe clean for channel 1 (very nice!!!), blackface style crunch for channel2 and a hot rodded marshall for channel3 but would not use it for liquid gain, nor for direct recording.

It's not a preamp for modern tones, although it's very versatile for all kind of vintage sounds.

• Members

So Scream w. the gain max'd out sounds more cranked JTM45 roaring-glass than modern-squashed Santana?

One of the User Reviews compared the Mean channel to bridging Fender w. Mesa. Was hopin that meant Mesa compression w. Fender clarity.

• Members

do you guys think the groove tubes trio will be good for rhythms and leads in the style of, older dream thater, children of bodom, evergrey, stratovarius....etc? I need the second channel to have enough gain for those types of rhythms and the lead channel for leads. I am selling my Marshall JMP right now though because I didn't like it all that much so how similiar are they.... especially the third channel which sounds like a hotrodded marshall?

• Members

Originally posted by TanisGR

So Scream w. the gain max'd out sounds more cranked JTM45 roaring-glass than modern-squashed Santana?

One of the User Reviews compared the Mean channel to bridging Fender w. Mesa. Was hopin that meant Mesa compression w. Fender clarity.

Actually you are not that far off. That is pretty close to what Scream sounds like from what I remember.

• Members

If it IS in fact a combination of Mesa compression w. Fender clarity, that'd be perfect...I can always run it through a compressor and 6-stage parametric EQ to contour it a bit more to my tastes before sending it to the cab simulator.

Archived