another Eventide Eclipse thread

• Members

so, i'm interested in the eventide stuff and the eclipse is looking better and better.

two questions, though.

1. i've heard that eventide stuff is good for very "out there" and crazy fx, but are these units also capable of doing "normal", or subtle fx as well?

also

2. can you switch individual fx like delay, compressor, eq, phaser, reverb, on and off within one patch? if not, what other eventide units can do this?

• Members

I looked at your rig picture and its pretty cool. There are few suggestions I'd like to offer.

1- You could use 212s and get the same results as 412s. Point is that you can make a monster rack that IS transportable and still is MASSIVE in tone.

2- The 2290 has a mono input so you would want to run it elsewhere in the signal path. I'd sugguest a mixer of some kind.

3- If you are using a Wet-Dry-Wet setup you can get a power amp that is less expensive than the 292. I used a 292 as a wet amp and it was total overkill.... and I like overkill but this was ridiculous.

4- To get the best tone from the Engl, I'd skip using the FX loop. You could run a line out to the mixer and get the fx mix there, then send the signal to the wet amp.

You are on the right track for sure and the choices are great. Good luck with the system and hopefully you can get this happening sooner rather than later!:D

• Members

Originally posted by TheGreatGreen

2. can you switch individual fx like delay, compressor, eq, phaser, reverb, on and off within one patch? if not, what other eventide units can do this?

if you want to do this, i think you might be better off with a G-Force....and remeber that the eventide will only run two fx blocks at once - the g-force can run eight (and it's cheaper)

cheers

sim

Archived