Ground Control Pro

• Members

How are these things? In the HC reviews there's seems to be a lot of reliability issues with them. Right now I've got the Behringer and it works fine but I'd like to eventually upgrade to something more sturdy and that I can use better expression pedals with. Also, semi-stupid question, can you program different values for different control changes? I'm guessing you can, but I just want to ask. Thanks guys!

- Erich

• Members

the gc pro is good, not awesome, and i believe most issues were with earlier production models. now they are overwhelmingly dependable. i had one for about a year, sold it because I am anticipating the axess controller. the gc pro is pretty good for the price point, it's big, tough, cheap switches, nice display, and can set the different cc values like you mentioned.

it's very easy to work (once you understand midi) and is a solid resale investment. i'd say it's a good piece. either that or the rocktron all access (more expensive). do not touch the custom audio stuff, real outdated, so i hear.

in my experience with the gc pro, i never doubted it. easy, low, i don't like soft switches though, so if you spend a little more and go for something with carling switches, then cool. budget is the biggest deal. if you don't mind buying used, check out some used rocktrons.

i could babble plenty, but if you like the behringer, you can't go wrong with anything else, virtually. ;)

• Members

I like a lot of the features of the GCPro, BUT just tonight one of the switches stopped working (this is where I would insert one of those super mad faces if I knew how to do that). The LED for one of the switches has been bad (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) since I got the unit so I guess I knew it was only a matter of time before the crap switches gave me problems. Needless to say I'm a little down on the GCPro right now.

Regarding the switches and the CC message they can send, it's on or off, you can't have a switch be 0 when it's off and 72 when it's on as an example.

Now I'm going to sit here and think about how long I'm gonna be without the stupid thing while I wait for those idiots to fix and return the piece of crap (this is where I could insert one of those winking faces if I knew how to do that). Good thing I kept my original GC around as a backup.

Peter

• Members

Hey thanks guys.

pbhtrip, sorry to hear about yours. How long have you had it?

What I was talking about the cc thing was say on one preset have the cc value be 0 and on another preset have it 100. I don't need to make use of direct access switches, but this is something I do need since I use a Lexicon MPX 110 and well let's just say they have a somewhat silly (IMO) method of making the mix knob work. I think Mr Ten answered this question but you're answer then made me confused and now I don't know what to think. Oh well. Thanks dudes.

Anyone know the ballpark price range of the Axess controller?

- Erich

• Members

I know all I have to do is send it back (which I did today), what other choice do I have? It just sucks that they want 2-3 weeks to fix a problem that is caused by them using cheap quality parts to begin with.:mad: Oh, there's that face again. It's not exactly convenient for me to be without my foot controller for two days much less two weeks.

Erich, the GCPro manual is available for download on their site, I would highly recommend that you check it out before you buy because I'm not sure it can do what you want. I don't try to do what you are asking so I'm not an authority by any means but I just don't recall seeing a way to do that in the manual when I was setting mine up. I've had mine for almost two years now, I guess I'm lucky that the crap parts didn't fail sooner.:rolleyes:

Consider me first in line for the soon to be released Axess controller.:)

Peter

Archived