Rack Space Filler.....ideas please!!!

• Members

Hey,

I have a ten space rack.....currently 3 of the spaces are vacant. I don't have any current plans to fil those spaces with relevant gear, but I would like to fill it with something for now.

I heard there was a site that sold rack fill units....with lights etc.....something that looked cool but did absolutely nothing.

Any ideas?

• Members

Well, I seen the marqee things at electronic stores, but like I said before: I've seen a huge market of light-kits for computers.

I sure they could be adapted for a rack. You might even put them inside the back of the rack and then use clear panels to show them off from the front!

• Members

Here's what I did with my rack:

front2.jpg

Here's the link to more pictures. Click Me!

This was my rack up until about a month ago. I'm in the middle of a major re-design, I sold off a lot of stuff, keeping the signal path in the rack, and only midi controllers for my pedalboard.

• Members

Yeah, Cold-Cathode is one of them.

Looks like there's plenty of ideas to get you started.

I was into the having blinking lights from my actual equipment. Things like my old Korg tuner would strobe like crazy, even when I was not playing and left everything on mute between sets.

It's kinda distracting; especially at church when the preacher was talking and standing right next to it. I know nobody was looking directly at him and staring at all the blinking lights :D

• Members

Originally posted by EVH Wolfgang

I was into the having blinking lights from my actual equipment. Things like my old Korg tuner would strobe like crazy, even when I was not playing and left everything on mute between sets.

I have a Rocktron Xpression and it has a bright blue tap tempo light that flashes constantly. It's silly bright. If the stage gets very dark I feel like theres police pursuit behind me.

• Members

I was worried about the cold cathode or the inverter introducting noise into my rack too. So what I did was hook it up to a 12v power supply, then wave it all around my rack, inside and out, and nothing happened, so then I just picked where I wanted them, and installed 'em. I had to make a custom power supply for them though, they need 12vdc and something like 400mA of current each, I forget the exact number.

• Members

It's funny, I wanted to put lights and stuff in my pc, but then I was like "hey, no one's going to see it anyway" then all of a sudden, it just popped in my head to put it in my rack, since more people are definitely going to see that. I brought it into guitar center one day to try out some cabs, definitely got a whole lot of attention from it. :D I don't care if other people do the same thing, I'm sure someone will come up with something a bit different, and push each other to come up with cooler stuff.

• Members

Things like my old Korg tuner would strobe like crazy, even when I was not playing and left everything on mute between sets.

LOL I had the same issue with mine. People called it the Cylon (old Battlestar Gallactica). Any way I pulled it from my rack since the G-major tuner works great and had to turn my rack to face me so the congregation would not be distracted by all the lights. Those light bars are cool though, if I still played in the youth band I could get away with that kind of stuff.

• Members

One time the power got cycled by someone working the lights. (apperanly the socket I plugged into was switched :eek:

I had my Flouecent Light on from the Samson Power (So there's a little flicker when it turned on, the Intellifex doing the Marquee Scroll thing and won't stop 'till you call up a preset or preset, the Korg going all over the place, the sample rate switch was left in the wrong position so the POD Pro was flashing on the preset display. Plus, the tap always blinks, and the G-major's got few blinkers of it's own. Oh and the wireless toggles between antenna A and antenna B as its source and has lights to show which side is active at the moment, besides the 2 level meters picking up stray signals. You could also see the Ground Controll doing it's thing from the reset.

It was putting on a great show and there was nothing I could do 'till it was time for the band to go back on stage for another set :D

People kept chuckling and trying not to laugh out loud.

Archived