Sound Sculpture ABCadabra question

• Members

I just recieved a couple of these switches and am having some problems. I use a Rocktron MidiMate to control everything in my rack but the ABCadabra doesn't seem to respond to it. I read in some old thread that you need to open up the box and select the channel it responds to. Nothing in the manual suggests this. Has anybody had any experiences with these units and have some insight for me?

Thanks,

Mike

Also, I'm not very experienced with Midi so I could be missing something obvious.

• Members

It's in the manual, on page 3. You have to open it up, it's slides open real nice. It's really simple. It comes default to midi channel 16 so you don't have to setup one of them, wouldn't be a good idea to have them on the same midi channel. Great lil' box, I was using it as a midi a/b box, but then I got an axess bs-2 buffer(sounds great).

What I use it for now is in the true bypass loop function, I have an od pedal in it's loop right now.

http://www.soundsculpture.com/support/files/abcadabra.pdf

Page 3:)

Anyway, hope this helps.

Cya,

John

• Members

Yeah, its right there in the manual. Duh. I wonder why I didn't see that in the one I have at home. Thanks alot John. I'm going to use mine select two different sources. Attached is a layout of what I'm using. It's real confusing but its the only way I can think of to get what I want.

I want to use two preamps simultaneously for rhythm, and then switch to just one preamp running stereo effects for cleans.

Thanks again John,

Mike

• Members

NP dood:)

I was checkin' out your setup. The cool thing about the abcadabras is that if you ever get a switcher or add to your rigs(like a switchblade, that's what I'm using), the abcadabras make cool midi controlled true bypass loops(like an fx loop). Has many great midi functions for each use.f(cc# on and off and a bunch more for each function)

Like say, you could put your pedals in the abcadabra loops, so when you're not using your pedals or your alesis gate, they will be totally bypassed when not in use so they will not suck tone.

Archived