Ground control pro users enter please (power issues)

• Members

Hi, i leaning towards getting the ground control pro but the power issues have stopped me so far.

I live in singapore and the voltage is 230v here. I understand that in the usa, they use 110v right?

Could you tell me how the G.C. Pro is powered and the voltage of yours?

If people from outside the usa using the g.c. pro could reply, it would be good too.

Lastly, how exactly does phantom power work? I read that the Rocktron xpression can supply phantom power to the midi mate. Does and G.C. Pro use phantom power too?

thanks!

• Members

Hi,

you don't have to worry about the country voltage because you have to use an adapter (wallwart) that puts out 9VAC. I live in Switzerland (220V), but i could use my ground control also in USA by using a 110/9VAC Wallwart.

Phantom power provides the needed power, in the case of the Rocktron expression, through the midi cable. In order to use it with the Rocktron expression and the ground control pro you need a 7 pin midi cable with a regular 5 pin midi and a power plug on the other side. The expression provides power through the extra pins to the power plug that you'll connect with the ground control.

Hope it helps

• Members

Hi,

no problem: the fact is that you can't connect the ground control pro directly to the power source of your house. The ground control works with 9 V, like a stompbox, you have to convert the provided power (110V or 220-230 V) to 9 V. To achieve that you have to use an adapter (like this one http://www.music123.com/Rolls-Zoom-Compatible-Adapter-i40457.music) that puts out 9 V. For this reason it's not important how many Volts are provided in your country, the important thing is that you use the correct adapter able to convert the provided power to what you need.

Hope my english was understandable (i speak italian).... :-)

Archived