Effects bypass and tone

Lockjaw

• Members

I just got an intelliverb set up with my mp-1, and have the output of the mp-1 going into the input of the intelliverb, then the output of the intelliverb to the power amp. This is the wiring thats supposedly used in order to achive the best sound quality. When I get another interconnect cable i'll try the effects loop of the mp-1. Anyway, when I compare the wiring I just mentional with the bypass of the effects processor on, it doesn't sound as thick, rich, and textured as when I just go from preamp to power amp. Is it the intelliverb that is changing my tone this much? What do you do to avoid this problem? Can I use the intelliverb without losing and of the bite the mp-1 has?

• Members

Originally posted by Lockjaw

Lol, no mods yet. What the loop mod involve? I guess I'm scared a mod will gay up the sound of the mp-1. I know the 3 tube mod won't, but I don't gots the dalla' for that right now.

If i remember, the Loop mod involved replacement of 1 Op-amp and thats it I think. It just makes it more "useful" and not suck tone when somthing is plugged into it.

A mod I really really recommend is the Noise Mod. Trust me, even with my 3TM and highgain patches, I dont use a Noise gate/hush. No bad feedback or weird hum like people would complain about with the stock MP-1.

Definitly save up your "dalla" for the 3TM mod. Its worth it.

good luck!

• Members

A mod I really really recommend is the Noise Mod. Trust me, even with my 3TM and highgain patches, I dont use a Noise gate/hush. No bad feedback or weird hum like people would complain about with the stock MP-1.

About feedback--- I never get any. I'll put by guitar right up to anything on my rack and I don't get anymore feedback as if I was across the room. Probably because of EMG madness. I do have to fix it so the battery isn't right next to my signal line though, that creates a very loud hum (I'm going to cut another hole in my guitar, lol).

• Members

Originally posted by Lockjaw

About feedback--- I never get any. I'll put by guitar right up to anything on my rack and I don't get anymore feedback as if I was across the room. Probably because of EMG madness. I do have to fix it so the battery isn't right next to my signal line though, that creates a very loud hum (I'm going to cut another hole in my guitar, lol).

Its not really feedback.. the Mod is mainly for the Hum Noise alot of people seem to complain about with stock MP-1s when using highgain settings, specially old versions/designs.

Look into it anyways. you'd be surprised of what it might do to your unit (good things that is ) :D

Another mod to check into if you'd like is the Mod4 Mark II. I had a chance to try one and I gotta say. it was pretty tight and crunchy sounding. Pretty much a hotrodded JCM800 tones.

Archived