How to switch between Preamp/poweramp and a head ...

• Members

Originally posted by stratboy151

the gxr4 will safely switch a head? if thats the case why do they make a seperate head switcher. im real confused. and no offense to any of you, but everyone i ask i get a different answer.

You need to be a little more clear when asking the questions. You said that you wanted to switch between a preamp and a head, which is not the same as switching a cabinet. Your description led us to beleive that you wanted to switch the input source, not the power source.

• Members

I had a simiar set up and got some some great advice and equipment from Mario at Axess. He said I would need the BS2 Buffer/Splitter and GRX4 Router/Switcher. This will allow you to run the rack preamp through the power amp section of the head, or use the head alone. Common effects are shared using the GRX4 and all changes can be made via midi (except channel switching the head). The only thing is that you can't use your rack power amp with this set-up. E-mail Mario if you are serious about doing something like this. The equipment will run you about $500, and he will give you all the answers you need.

Archived