hi, i've got three questions about the LEXICON MPX G2 / R1....

david_d

• Members

1. would you recommend this unit?

2. what is a fair pricerange for a used G2 unit along with the R1 foot controller assuming good-great condition?

3. can the tuner be viewed on the R1 footcontroller, or just on the G2 itself (like the TC G-major / G-force)?

david

• Members

It is a fantastic sounding unit but I personally had a very bad experience with mine and I would never recommend one. I got the G2 and R1 about six months after they were introduced and the G2 crashed on me at shows three times and the R1 once over a 18 month period of time. The G2 went back to Lexicon twice and the third time it just went in the closet where it now sits. Again, I might have just had a lemon, but I am not hard on my gear and I have a very bad taste in my mouth when it comes to dealing with a company that refused to replace an obviously flawed unit. Lexicon spent more money on shipping my unit back and forth to me and on hours repairing it than it would have cost them to send me a new one.

• Members

Originally posted by Honeyspider

1. would you recommend this unit?

2. what is a fair pricerange for a used G2 unit along with the R1 foot controller assuming good-great condition?

3. can the tuner be viewed on the R1 footcontroller, or just on the G2 itself (like the TC G-major / G-force)?

Thanks
:)
david

I'll try to answer these for you. I've only had both units for about 3 months so maybe take what I say with a grain of salt.

1. Based on the quality of the effects I'd probably recommend this unit. There are definitely a lot of options! Which maybe seen as a problem in itself, the manual is huge, and if (like me) your moving from stomp boxes to rack effects the G2 is pretty daunting.

Some people find the manuals for the G2 and R1 useful, I can't say that I'm one of them.

The R1 itself is a pain in the a$$ and I'd struggle to recommend it. I recently picked up a ground control pro and this is so much easier to use it's not funny!

2. Not sure about price, in good condition buying both together $700-$800 US? (Im in Australia so I'm not much help sorry).

3. The tuner can be viewed on both the R1 and the G2.

hope this helps a little.

Archived