Jump to content

Putting together a Rack, Id love to here your opinions/advice!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Members

After going through every concievable setup through the years, Ive decided that racking my gear is the way to go. Ive come up with the groudwork of what I want and I wanted see what you guys thought and what advice you could offer to make it better. So here we go;

 

Rack(12 space, shock mounted, casters);

Mesa Boogie Mk IV rackmounted head

TC Gmajor or GForce

Sound Concepts Switchblade 8B

Rack mounted pedals;

Crispy Cream Treble Booster

Fulltone Ultimate Octave

Sweetsound Univibe

MXR Phase 90

Rack tuner

ISP Decimator NR

Power distribution

wireless

 

On my Pedalboard;

Rocktron all Access foot controller

Rocktron Banshee talk box

Automagic Wah

Whammy4

 

Everything on the board will be powered from the rack via pedalsnake. Should I use some kind of buffer for the pedals on the Board? I dont want to get too crazy but I want to make sure that its done right.

 

thanks

 

Kage:cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by CARRguitar

hey Kage...


if your ever interested in a 2 amp head roadcase with a built in 12 space rack, i will give you a GREAT deal on this one:


 

That thing can't be easy to move fully loaded:eek:

 

KAGE, just buy a XT again and be done with it ;)

I ordered that Behringer graphic and parametric eq thingie today to use with my XT Pro. If I find a decent 1U poweramp, I can get away with a 4U rack.

 

Doesn't the Whammy4 have midi in? You could stick that in the rack too, but I guess it doesn't matter since you have to have the wah and talkbox on the board anyway...

 

BTW I have the Automagic Silvermachine wah too. Have you tried it, or is it just on the wishlist? If you have, how does it compare to your RMC's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Damn Kage, that's gonna be one badass rack! I just finally filled my 14 space rack and it sure is a bitch to haul around, but that's what friends and bandmates are for. From the pics I've seen of you, I don't think you'll have any trouble lol. A buffer, like others have said, would be a good idea. I used to have a VHT Valvulator tube buffer that did wonders for me. It also has a few power outputs to power other pedals, and has two outputs in case you decide to split your signal to two amps...pretty cool. Be sure to post pics when you get it finished! I'm still waiting for some film to develop before I can post mine. Damn not having a digital camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by CARRguitar

hey Kage...


if your ever interested in a 2 amp head roadcase with a built in 12 space rack, i will give you a GREAT deal on this one:


roadcase.jpg

i also have some other rack gear i'm looking to sell.


oh.. plus a BANSHEE if you don't already have one.


:)

Thanks Ed, but that thing is WAY bigger than Im looking to use. Im in NYC, remember Bro? How in Gods name would I ever get that behemoth to a gig? A 12 space shock rack can still fit in the trunk of a cab so Im good to go with that.

 

I have a banshee already and love it. I would be interested in your other rack gear though. Do you still have my number? give me a shout and we'll talk.

 

Kage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by iAnders



That thing can't be easy to move fully loaded:eek:


KAGE, just buy a XT again and be done with it
;)
I ordered that Behringer graphic and parametric eq thingie today to use with my XT Pro. If I find a decent 1U poweramp, I can get away with a 4U rack.


Doesn't the Whammy4 have midi in? You could stick that in the rack too, but I guess it doesn't matter since you have to have the wah and talkbox on the board anyway...


BTW I have the Automagic Silvermachine wah too. Have you tried it, or is it just on the wishlist? If you have, how does it compare to your RMC's?

Hey Anders!!! I love the XT but I dont like the way modellers respond to rolling off volume and thats important to me. when they can nail that like tube amps, then Ill go back to modellers and probably never look back;)

 

Yeah I considered racking the WH4 but since I had the other things on the board I decided to keep it simple and put that on the board as well and save myself the BS of setting up a CC for it.

 

I love the silver machine bro. I love my RMC3LE but I dont want to trash it since it such a limited edition piece. the SM is close enough and there is no shortage of them so Im going to keep my RMC3LE at home safe and sound for recording.

 

I hope all is well bro!!

 

Kage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by TheChopsyWanker

Damn Kage, that's gonna be one badass rack! I just finally filled my 14 space rack and it sure is a bitch to haul around, but that's what friends and bandmates are for. From the pics I've seen of you, I don't think you'll have any trouble lol. A buffer, like others have said, would be a good idea. I used to have a VHT Valvulator tube buffer that did wonders for me. It also has a few power outputs to power other pedals, and has two outputs in case you decide to split your signal to two amps...pretty cool. Be sure to post pics when you get it finished! I'm still waiting for some film to develop before I can post mine. Damn not having a digital camera.

 

 

LOL Bro!!! yeah, Ive lifted heavier so this is going to be no problem. Im probably going to go with one of 2 different buffers; either the Axxess or a dual buffer made by Skrydstrup.

 

Ill definitely post pics when I get the baby done, board, rack and all!!

 

Be well!!!

 

Kage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Thanks Ed, but that thing is WAY bigger than Im looking to use. Im in NYC, remember Bro? How in Gods name would I ever get that behemoth to a gig? A 12 space shock rack can still fit in the trunk of a cab so Im good to go with that.


 

Huh? you move gear around in a cab?

 

:confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by TimCz



Huh? you move gear around in a cab?


:confused:

 

That absolutely blows my mind too!!!! We have truckloads and I just play in a basic rock barband! IN Vermont. BUT NYC is a different world.. My drummer plays there and in Boston. They drive a vanfull of gear and guys down , and then whenever there's snow on the roads they have to rent cabs to carry all the gear to the gigs, as there's no parking or anything!!!!!!!! I could never do that , as my truck is full .

 

ERIC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Thanks Ed, but that thing is WAY bigger than Im looking to use. Im in NYC, remember Bro? How in Gods name would I ever get that behemoth to a gig? A 12 space shock rack can still fit in the trunk of a cab so Im good to go with that.


I have a banshee already and love it. I would be interested in your other rack gear though. Do you still have my number? give me a shout and we'll talk.


Kage

 

come on. every rock star has ROADIES to do the dirty work.:p

 

 

LOL...i thought you were just going to use the rack at home. the reason i bought this one was to keep everything together in one place since my space was limited. it is on heavy duty castors so it's not that hard to move, but when it's filled, it definetly takes more than one person to lift it.

 

i have a PEAVY ROCKMASTER preamp with footswitch and a new ROCKTRON XPRESSION rack fx processor left that i am looking to sell/trade. i also have a true bypass strip for your pedals if you are interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by iAnders

That thing can't be easy to move fully loaded:eek:


If I find a decent 1U poweramp, I can get away with a 4U rack.

 

The Rocktron Velocity amps show up on eBay fairly often. I've been happy with mine. It has a good power supply, so low end grunt is no problem, and I like the prescence controls on my Velocity 120.

 

Welcome to the 4U nation !

:rolleyes::D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...