Which mesa heads can be rackmounted

• Members

Originally posted by crashingdomino

from what i know....any mesa head can be put into a rack...it might require some extra hardware / shelfs though.

Dude dont post and waste anyones time.Look at the mesa website for specs.It has to me a 19"wide head.My mesa recto head was 25 5/8's and the roadking is 27 and some odd inches.Im talking about 19" rack type heads like in the pic.

• Members

Originally posted by sickwindsor

Dude dont post and waste anyones time.Look at the mesa website for specs.It has to me a 19"wide head.My mesa recto head was 25 5/8's and the roadking is 27 and some odd inches.Im talking about 19" rack type heads like in the pic.

Sick, that's right, it has to be a 19" (usually called a short head) to be rackmounted. I'm pretty sure that most Mark series heads are available as a short head and can be mounted with a rackmount kit from Mesa. The Rectifiers had some Recto Rack 100 watt versions, but those are out of production (to my knowledge).

Don't be harsh when someone replies to a question that you already admitted was kinda stupid. You figured out that the info was on Mesa's website. Don't be harsh since someone else didn't figure it out. (I've been guilty of doing the same before and have sounded like an ass, so I'm just pointing it out so you don't do the same.)

• Members

Originally posted by sickwindsor

....Is it the mark series?If so where can I get the best info on mark sereies or any other head that can be rack mounted.....

The bottom amp is a MK III and the second amp from the bottom is a MK IV and above that it is a Formula preamp and above that a Triaxis.

Good to see another Dallasite around.:)

When mounting for racks, the "short heads" lose the reverb tank, That is unless you have an extra tank or two. The MK III knobs have been changed to the MK IV knobs.

The MK IV Rackmount kit is slightly different fro the MK II and MKIII rackmount kits. It has mounting hardware for the FU-3 footswitch.

Archived