Digitech Control 7 or 8 OR Behringer FCB 1010 OR other?

• Members

I'm setting up my first rack right now. My Single Rectifier will provide my main clean and distortion tones, but I am putting a V-Amp Pro in the rack to provide any variations I might want. I am also putting a Rocktron Multivalve in the loop of the Recto for FX.

Now, I need a MIDI footswitch to control all this, and I'm stuck between the Digitech Control 7 and 8 and the FCB1010. The advantage of the 7 is that it's cheaper and I can probably stow it in the back of my rack unit in between gigs. However, the 8 and the FCB1010 have the expression pedals, and I don't know if I'll use them...I might, though, if I have the opportunity.

What is your experience with these products? And are there any other pedals I should be investigating?

• Members

I would stay away from the Digitech units since they can only control one MIDI device unless you set everything to the same channel which is not a good idea. So between those 2 I would get the Behringer. If you have the budjet I would look at a Ground Control Pro or a used Ground Control.

• Members

Well besides the build quality issue it can control more MIDI devices, send more CC messages, has an alpha numeric display so you can name your presets, recognizes all 16 MIDI channels, and can except 2 expression pedals. It is easy to program and you wont out grow it unless you turn guitar hero huge and need a Tech off stage to control your entire rig. Even then the GC PRO can accept remote MIDI for program change just not CC messages. I bought mine for $389 so if it is in the buget it is well worth it. Yes you would need to buy and expression pedal or two but it is leaps and bounds above the Behringer gear. Now if you don't have that kind of budjet get the FCB, plenty of guys use them and there is no shame in using what works.

Archived