how to get a stereo setup?

• Members

Originally posted by SteveR

I have stereo effects and a stereo cab. how can I get the delays to ping pong?

you need two seperate preamps right? I cant just use a stereo poweramp with one preamp?

Single preamp, and stereo power amp...

Steve

• Members

single preamp will work, so long as your effects box has stereo outputs and you have a stereo power amp. if you're doing it for live performance purposes, i wouldn't bother unless you've got a nice p.a. and a soundguy who gives a {censored}. otherwise, it just doesn't cut it and the audience is generally too drunk/stupid to care.

-jim

• Members

Originally posted by jimfowler

single preamp will work, so long as your effects box has stereo outputs and you have a stereo power amp. if you're doing it for live performance purposes, i wouldn't bother unless you've got a nice p.a. and a soundguy who gives a {censored}. otherwise, it just doesn't cut it and the audience is generally too drunk/stupid to care.

-jim

^ very sad, but true. I still like having stereo effects for home use, but would just worry about getting a good base sound and mono effects for live use through a PA system.

• Members

I run my rig stereo. We use in ear monitors and it sounds great in the ears. It's very important to make sure that everything still sounds good if the two signals are summed to mono though. You just don't know what your gonna get at shows, as far as the sound guy and the PA itself are concerned. There are still actually many mono systems out there. You just have to be sure that your sounds work if the signals are summed (no phase problems, etc...).

Peter

Archived