pros and cons to gmajor

• Members

reading reviews,I can get a good idea, but what are some of your experiances with it? I have a XXX that I hear I can use a midi switch to channel switch with this thing. So I think that is a good thing.

Is there a reason I shouldn't get it. Being in a cover band, i think the multi-fx thing is the way to go. Rather then pedals. Since the adjustments are rather tricky between songs, plus it is a pain with 5 or 6 pedals tap dancing between them and swithcing channels and the like.

Are there any downsides to the gmajor??

also, what footswitches are you using with 'em?

• Members

Make sure to check out the reviews here at HC. It's a great sounding unit and from what you describe just what your looking for.

There are 2 known defects with the G-Major. There is a ribbon cable that can come loose inside causing the unit to freeze up. This would be covered under warranty if it happens within the warranty period. Also the adjustment knobs on the front of the unit are prone to crapping out after a few months. I have had mine repaired 3 times! This isn't to say however that every unit would have the same problems. I think TC Electronic has handled these 2 issues VERY poorly.

There is a Yahoo group for the G-Major and a couple of people have made a PC editor so the adjustment knobs are less of a problem for me. Again TC could have made a PC editor but choose not to. It pisses me off that the user community made one and they did't bother with it themselves.

• Members

The channel switching feature of the G-Major is probably just a 1/4" stereo jack, and since your Peavey XXX has a 3 button footswitch it must have a multi pin connector, right? If that's the case, you'd have to do some work wiring yourself a custom adapter cable to get the channel switching to work, if you could at all.

Archived