G-Major set-up question...

• Members

I don't know the DSL's tech specs... is this a parallel fx loop?

I use a G-Major in a parallel fx loop, and run it 100% wet (turn Dry Kill: On on the G-Major). I don't have phase problems.

I have, however, heard them before - when I experimented with Dry Kill: Off, and created patches that had some of my original dry signal mixed in. In a parallel fx loop, that creates phase problems.

If that's not what's happening to you, then ignore me :)

As a side question - where can I find the true and final facts re: how to properly use the G-Maj in mono? The manual just seems to say "left in, left out" is mono, but I have read things (like your post!) that seem to indicate that there's more to it than that. Over time, I've seen conflicting things (some of them very complicated) re: what will come out of the l/r outputs depending on what is fed to the inputs. Can anyone fill me in?

Dig

• Members

Originally posted by UncleDig

I don't know the DSL's tech specs... is this a parallel fx loop?

I use a G-Major in a parallel fx loop, and run it 100% wet (turn Dry Kill: On on the G-Major). I don't have phase problems.

I have, however, heard them before - when I experimented with Dry Kill: Off, and created patches that had some of my original dry signal mixed in. In a parallel fx loop, that creates phase problems.

If that's not what's happening to you, then ignore me
:)

As a side question - where can I find the true and final facts re: how to properly use the G-Maj in mono? The manual just seems to say "left in, left out" is mono, but I have read things (like your post!) that seem to indicate that there's more to it than that. Over time, I've seen conflicting things (some of them very complicated) re: what will come out of the l/r outputs depending on what is fed to the inputs. Can anyone fill me in?

Dig

Thanks for the input, I'll try the Dry Kill to see if that's the answer.

Last night I used a mackie mixer to sum the left and right outputs from the G-Major and sent them as a mono signal to my amp -- serial loop, BTW -- the phase dropout disappeared. ART makes a cheap mixer, I think I'll pick one up and hide it in my rack.

Archived