Which MultiFX units can do this?

• Members

Looking for a MultiFX unit to meet some pretty specific requirements, but I'm thinking in order to do everything I want without shelling out for an Eventide Orville I might be better off buying two seperate units. Here's what I need:

midi cc access to delay time with adjustable range per preset

delay trails which change pitch, rather than making squelching noise, when adjusted in real time

tap tempo to several different rhythms

sync to midi clock

stereo ping pong

stereo multi taps with intelligent pitch shifting (haven't heard of a unit with this actually)

intelligent pitch shifting and pitch shifted delays

some very strong reverb

I would really like to be able to have reverb and echo trails ring out when I change sounds as well, which is part of why I'm leaning towards running two units. I know the Lexicon MPX1 does a lot of these things, but what about the PCM80? I'd rather upgrade the sound quality if I can. I've also been looking at the TC M2000 or maybe G Force. Is my best bet to think in terms of getting one Multifx unit and one thats more of a dedicated reverb?

Can anyone recommend me two units that will cover all my bases together?

• Members

Originally posted by blanketman

Looking for a MultiFX unit to meet some pretty specific requirements, but I'm thinking in order to do everything I want without shelling out for an Eventide Orville I might be better off buying two seperate units. Here's what I need:

midi cc access to delay time with adjustable range per preset

delay trails which change pitch, rather than making squelching noise, when adjusted in real time

tap tempo to several different rhythms

sync to midi clock

stereo ping pong

stereo multi taps with intelligent pitch shifting (haven't heard of a unit with this actually)

intelligent pitch shifting and pitch shifted delays

some very strong reverb

I would really like to be able to have reverb and echo trails ring out when I change sounds as well, which is part of why I'm leaning towards running two units. I know the Lexicon MPX1 does a lot of these things, but what about the PCM80? I'd rather upgrade the sound quality if I can. I've also been looking at the TC M2000 or maybe G Force. Is my best bet to think in terms of getting one Multifx unit and one thats more of a dedicated reverb?

Can anyone recommend me two units that will cover all my bases together?

I'd get a mpx1 for everything and an intellipitch specifically for the intelligent pitch shifting. Heck, it's exactly what I use !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by jimosity

MOST of your requests would be handled by a G-Major or even better, a G-Force.

The MPX-1 is SLOW during channel switching (enough so that it's painful to use in live situations).

I keep reading this but honestly it never bothered me, nor does it seem to annoy Michael Landau who use one for delay/reverb in his rack. If the thing is set up correctly, the dry tone is not interrupted during patch change, only the wet tone takes some time to come up, about 300 ms (I timed it).

• Members

The Orville is NOT for a guitar rack...

It is specifically for studio use only.

You should either get an Eclipse or similar for 1/4 the money.

It will do everything that you mentioned...

Actually both my Eventide GTR 4000's do those things too..

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by El Grinder

Steve, can the GTR4000 even do tap tempo? I haven't figured out how to get tap tempo on mine at all.

Hmmmmm...

Never tried....LOL

I'll check it out tonight and get back to you.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Archived