Finally had a phase problem

• Members

I bought an old Yamaha GEP-50 on ebay. It was in great shape and worked perfectly. It turns out it was out of phase with my rocktron pro gap ultra. Turning the knobs on my line mixer was like rocking a wah pedal back and forth. It was a little cool, but not really. So my quest for more effects continues as I listed my GEP50 on EBAY today. Maybe one of you can buy it. Johnny Marr of the Smiths actually used it a little bit.:)

• Members

Originally posted by Shask

Thats how my PODxt is in the loop of my 5150. The more volume or 'mix' of the PODxt I get in the signal, the more of a flange/phase sound it has...
:mad:

Common problem with "parallel" fx loops (it's a parallel loop if there's a mix knob), when the effects device is also putting out the direct signal.

Solutions:

1) switch the fx loop to series by turning the mix knob al the way to 100% "wet". Or:

2) kill all dry signal in the effects device.

• Members

Slinger, don't sell that piece of gear just yet; there's a solution for your problem.

First you need a mixer with balanced inputs (your Rane mixer unfortunately has unbalanced inputs); Behringer Ultralink (either regular or pro) are a cheap and nice sounding alternative that I happen to use myself.

Then you have to make a phase-inverter cable; just take a 1/4" mono plug on one end and a stereo plug on the other end (this one goes into the mixer). On the stereo plug, ground the tip and connect the hot lead into the middle ring and voil

Archived