Multi-fx questions/recommendations

• Members

Here's the deal. At the moment, I have a Digitech 2112 and Control 1, a Digitech DHP55, a Korg A3, a Roland SDE1000, and a Line 6 Pod Pro.

I'm trying to decide at the moment if I would be better off selling/trading this gear off in favor of a TC Electronic G Force or other high-end multi-effect rackmount unit, preamp and power amp, and switching system. Above all else, I really prefer flexibility.

I like different things about what each of these units does, and would want a processor that could duplicate (or at least substitute) those effects. For example, the Digitech does great distortion and overdrive and is the only processor I currently have complete switching control over (via the Control 1). The Korg is great for modulated delay and overdrive, and some unusual other effects. The Roland (of course) manages delay and modulation quite well, and the DHP55 does a great pitch shift/synthesizer (which is what I bought it for). It all ends up going through the Pod Pro, which I use mostly for amp modelling and as a preamp.

If one of you had to come up with a rig based around a high-quality (but still at least somewhat affordable, so no Eventides) signal processor, what would you select?

Or, would I be better off buying a decent switching system to use with all this stuff, and save myself getting rid of a bunch of good processors?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey man,

I think the thing to ask your self is, do I like my guitar sound with the gear I'm using? I have a TC Electronic G-Force in my rack BUT, I've also kept my old Digitech TSR-24 and my ANCIENT ART Alpha 2.0 processor in my rack because they have some sounds that are specific to those old toys. The TC G-Force will get close to those other two processors sounds but, it's not quite the same to me at all. Anyways, since 1996 I've been using a Rocktron Patchmate to do all the switching between my rack gear. The thing is, other pieces of rack gear have come and gone but my Patchmate has stayed with me. I think your current rack gear combination sounds like it could do some really cool sounds, but that's just me!

Later,

Ray Mitchell

• Members

I have to agree, if you like what you are getting, why change? The G-Force is a great processor but it won't sound like the units that you already have. Each unit sounds like itself, that's why we like them. I currently use 3 effects processors for my sounds. Even if I got an Eventide H8000, it wouldn't sound like what I have.

Keep 'em.

Archived