Progap V2.0 vs. Progap Ultra..Whats the Dif?

• Members

I just got a Progap V2.0 for free...This guy did not want it I guess. It had no power cord. So I got one and she works. I ran it in the rach setup I have going right now.

I was curious as to what is the best speakers to run with this unit? But mostly....What is the difference between the ProGap, Progap V2.0 and the ProGap ultra?

Are these essentially the same units? Mine sounds really good. I cannot believe the dynamic response from this preamp. It has feel and touch response...That is pretty rare in a preamp I would think.....I mean I never played through a preamp that had dynamics.

So any info on the V2.0 would be greatly appreciated. Take care....

~David

• Members

The big difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 is, one has button that can be replaced and the other one doesn't. I think the real difference is in the presets. Mybe the v2.0 has holdsworth presets standard or something.

I have the ultra in my rack. I love it. I think the only difference is, the ultra has the current rocktron interface like the chameleon and intellifex.

{censored}ing Killer Preamp dude. I got the ultra for $120. Definitely a great deal.:)

Archived