Marshall 9000 series preamp?

• Members

Can someone tell me more about these? Good, Bad, or any info on them? Here is a link to a picture of one....

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/5462/marshall16jd.jpg

I picked up a rackcase this marshall preamp, a carvin SPA-200 200watt power amp...and a Peavey DEP 3.25 rack delay unit for $75....

I was wondering if any of these units are good. I would love for any info on them. I searched like hell for info on these units. I cannot find nything but the picture in the link I posted.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

• Members

Originally posted by DigitalSandwich

Can someone tell me more about these? Good, Bad, or any info on them? Here is a link to a picture of one....

I picked up a rackcase this marshall preamp, a carvin SPA-200 200watt power amp...and a Peavey DEP 3.25 rack delay unit for $75....

I was wondering if any of these units are good. I would love for any info on them. I searched like hell for info on these units. I cannot find nything but the picture in the link I posted.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

So you own this already and you want to know if its any good???? what do your ears say? I had one (it was the SS version) and it was alright. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Yes I guess I could judge for myself. I was looking for opinions on this certain preamp from others who know more about it.

I know nothing about this preamp....Because there is no manual for it. I cannot seem to find any internet info regarding this unit either.

I ran it through my Mesa Boogie 1x12 theile cabinets. And i was quite surprised as to how warm the solidstate preamp sounded. Granted there is no natural tube compression....But it sounds pretty good. Huge amounts of gain if needed. So I guess it is a keeper.

I would like to see how it sounds with a tubed power amp. But I am running a solidstate power amp with it now....It sounds pretty good. Loud as hell.

I have not heard a JMP-1...I am sure it kicks ass....But I will say that this is the first preamp rack unit marshall made...Well one of the first that have no tubes in it. Pretty good unit. No midi....But has an FX Loop....and can be run stereo. Simplicity is the key for me. This could not be any simpler.

But again....I would like any ifo anyone may have on this rach preamp. Good or bad.

Thanks for the reply.

~David

Archived