True Bypass Tuner & Chorus

Daved57

• Members

Anyone out there know of a tuner stompbox with true bypass? Currently I use a Boss TU-2. I love it but it eats frequencies.

Also I am wondering what chorus pedals you guys are using out there. I'm using the Boss again (CH-2 or something). It's okay, but eats tone as well.

dd

• Members

Dave,

I suggest spending couple of bucks and make your self a mini Looper/true bypass type box that has a loop in it to put the Boss TU2 in it. You turn the looper pedal on when you want to tune and turn it off when you dont need the tuner and when you turn it off, the TU2 will be out of your signal.

same thing applies for the Chorus pedal. You can build one of those looper/true bypass boxes and put the Chorus pedal in it.

Reason boss pedals eat a bit of tone is because of their buffered section. They come handy when running a bit of a long cable, but they like to suck tone.

Cheers

• Members

Peterson Stobostomp is true bypass and they make the best tuners on the market anyway. I was all set to get two rack tuners for my 2 rack setups and got the Peterson instead. Cost the same as one rack tuner, plus it has different tuning temperaments, and I can use it with ALL of my rigs--rack or otherwise. HIGHLY recommened!

Archived