GCX Audio Switcher/Ground Control Pro Question(s)

• Members

How many of the rack swirchers could be controlled via the foot switch? This may seem like a simple question, but....... I am still trying to decide between going with rack effects units, or with pedals(which I am more comfortable with) and a seperate controller. Just trying to wiegh my options.

I ask, because what if I want to use more than eight pedals (or eight loops may be a better way of saying it)

Insights greatly appreciated!

• Members

The Ground Control Pro (and the original Ground Control with the most updated software for that matter) can control up to four GCX units at once, so 32 total loops. Plus, with the GCPro you can assign the eight instant access switches to any midi channel and CC number that you want. So you can send as many as 40 CC messages at once, plus the two expression pedals and eight PC messages per preset.

Peter

• Members

Thanks Pb, I haven't got a clue what all the chinese ;) comments at the end where with the pc/cc changes ect. But I understood the ability to handle four of the switching units :thu: now if you will exscuse me, I think I have to go brush up on my Chinese :o

• Members

:)

Sorry for the coded message. CC = Control Change, which is how the Ground Control turns the GCX loops on and off (each loop has its own CC number on midi channel 16). PC = Program Change, so the Ground Control can send up to eight different program change messages, on eight different midi channels at once. So the Ground Control can send 40 control change messages (32 for GCX units = 4 GCX units with eight loops each on midi channel 16, plus eight more user definable control change messages on any midi channel you want), eight program change commands and the the two expression pedals, which can be on any midi channel and any control change number you want on a per preset basis.

But yeah, the long and the short is that the Ground Control can handle up to four GCX units at once, for a total of 32 loops.

:thu:

Peter

Archived