Rating switchers

• Members

I've had switchers and loopers on my mind and I had some questions. Can I ask you remote (midi and otherwise) looper and switcher owners rate your brand?

I'd like to know about everything fromt he Switchblade to the GCX and all in between.

Can you hear an audible click at all when you switch effects?

Is there any hum, hiss or buzz introduced by your unit?

It would be a good topic if it gets going.

• Members

I use a Mesa Boogie Midi Matrix and Abacus. Very clean, and true bypass. It allows me to switch in and out of effects pedals, preamps, and will switch channels on my amps. Only bad thing, is that they don't make it anymore. I did buy the GCX and Ground Control Pro, however I couldn't justify keeping it, as it does pretty much the same thing, except for adding names on the midi pedal, and offering CC instead of just program changes. With a little help from an Anatek Pocket Pedal, you can also do CC with the Boogie setup.

• Members

I have a Laney Babelswitch. It has four relay switches which can be used through either a 5 pin din plug which was specifically for Laney amps, or through two TRS stereo jack sockets (two relays per socket) which is how I use it with my amp.

Relay switching is the same as using a footswitch with this so if your footswitch causes a click, this will. Mine doesn't.

It also features two switchable loops. I did get some earth hum using one of them once but I suspect that was more to do with my wah pedal than the Laney. Hopefully I might get a chance to play with it at the weekend, if so I'll double check the loops and see if I get hum and report back.

This is also not made anymore and quite rare I believe, but I'd recommend it if you find one, mine's a keeper.

• Members

The only things I don't like about the GCX are:

a) It wasn't cheap. Dunno what they go for elsewhere in the the world, but they're pretty pricey here I guess.

and

b) It's a whole rack space used up. In some ways that's good; it's a very neat package, with a nice rear panel to fit all the connectors in... but at the same time... it's a whole rack space. I.e. compare to smaller units like the Axess stuff...

The size thing is probably the main reason I'd go Axess instead of another GCX.

• Members

Originally posted by succubus

I was hoping to hear from an Axess GRX4 owner.

Does anyone have one?

:wave: I use the isolated loop for a tuner/talk-box out and have a phaser and flanger in 2 of the other loops. It has the most transparent buffer I've ever heard, better than my Lehle D.Loop, and no pops whatsover when switching. I can also switch by midi program change or CC's. Great switcher!

• Members

Wobo are supposed to be releasing a 4 channel MIDI looper very soon and it should be cheaper than the Axess.

I actually wanted an Axess GRX4 but they sting us big time on carriage to the UK (I think it was about $80! :eek: ). So they lost the business and I ended up with Nobels.

Archived