• Members

hi there.

i have procured the following

1x marshall jcm 800

1x fender twin reverb

1x eventide h3000

1x line 6 echo pro

1x line 6 filter pro

there are also a half dozen or so pedals that i want to rackmount, particular fuzzes and tonal stuff etc. my midi board is way too limited atm, im looking to ditch it and set this rig up properly all midi, with a rocktron all access or ground control pro i think.

basically i want a one man rig that i can program everything in easily for each song part.. and that can route in and out different sounds on the fly for crazy background sounds with 2 amps and i have a few little noise pedals that i tinker with on my floorboard setup along with some expression stuff, a dl4, whammy's, some volume pedals. im guessing these would go individually in their own loops into the router so that can be fed in and out to whichever amp when needed.. i want a one man noise/fx playground basically ie. delay trails swirling around in stereo, building up loops to be all fuzzed out thru one amp while playing clean leads thru the other blah blah.

i notice the ground control pro midi board has the gcx switcher rack unit, http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm for routing effects. that has 8 loops connecting everything. it sounds exactly what im after. however this description on the voodoolabs page about the system plus mixer has me confused...

You can use each of the eight loops for in/out effect switching, A/B switching to select amps and preamps, or to control any type of foot-switch function such as amp channel switching. Add a mixer (like our System Mix Plus) to create a parallel effects system and use GCX loops to mute the inputs to your rack effects. This allows effects like delay and reverb to trail off naturally.

what are they talking about? how would this be achieved thru a mixer, i thought such a routing device would have allowed delay and reverb trailoff normally anyway?

anyone have any advice for setting this rig up how i want.. are there any other better options than the gcx switcher?

how do midi boards like the rocktron or other than the gcx work with the gcx switcher? is there a rocktron routing unit?

please bestow your wisdom on thee.

• Members

Yes there is a rocktron switching unit(old, discontinued), you don't want it(patchmate), I have one and it's great for doing footswitch simulation, but I wouldn't put my signal through it. The switchblade(what I currently use) is king.

The switchblade is more expensive, but it doesn't require a mixer, and you don't have to settle for a predetermined singal path, it's the king of switchers.....without a doubt.

Cool rig man, just out of curiosity, what cabs pedals are you using? Reissue jcm or original?

• Members

Originally posted by headcandy

hi there.

i have procured the following

1x marshall jcm 800

1x fender twin reverb

1x eventide h3000

1x line 6 echo pro

1x line 6 filter pro

there are also a half dozen or so pedals that i want to rackmount, particular fuzzes and tonal stuff etc. my midi board is way too limited atm, im looking to ditch it and set this rig up properly all midi, with a rocktron all access or ground control pro i think.

basically i want a one man rig that i can program everything in easily for each song part.. and that can route in and out different sounds on the fly for crazy background sounds with 2 amps and i have a few little noise pedals that i tinker with on my floorboard setup along with some expression stuff, a dl4, whammy's, some volume pedals. im guessing these would go individually in their own loops into the router so that can be fed in and out to whichever amp when needed.. i want a one man noise/fx playground basically ie. delay trails swirling around in stereo, building up loops to be all fuzzed out thru one amp while playing clean leads thru the other blah blah.

i notice the ground control pro midi board has the gcx switcher rack unit,
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm
for routing effects. that has 8 loops connecting everything. it sounds exactly what im after. however this description on the voodoolabs page about the system plus mixer has me confused...

what are they talking about? how would this be achieved thru a mixer, i thought such a routing device would have allowed delay and reverb trailoff normally anyway?

anyone have any advice for setting this rig up how i want.. are there any other better options than the gcx switcher?

how do midi boards like the rocktron or other than the gcx work with the gcx switcher? is there a rocktron routing unit?

please bestow your wisdom on thee.

I hope this helps. There is a LOT here, but when you're done I am sure you'll be a few steps closer to deciding what the best path for you is.

FAQ's :thu:

Archived