Is there anything that can touch the VHT 2150 power amp?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why the heck would you need a 2150?

I hate to say it bro.. but there is so much power on those things, it gets to a point where its stupid.

Why not look into the VHT 2902 instead? that has TONS of power (also to a stupid point) but atleast its 2 space and would probebly fit your need.

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

why the heck would you need a 2150?

I hate to say it bro.. but there is so much power on those things, it gets to a point where its stupid.

Why not look into the VHT 2902 instead? that has TONS of power (also to a stupid point) but atleast its 2 space and would probebly fit your need.

HAHAHAHA:love: :love: :love:

My Mesa 2:fifty isn't loud enough for my needs.

I want the tone of the 2150. The 2/90/2 doesn't have KT-88's.

+the 2/90/2 is comparitavely priced to the 2150.

I'm not married, I have the money, Marty Friedman used it. etc.

don't shatter my dreams duke. I can handle it. I'm a big boy, let me make my own decisions.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

HAHAHAHA:love:
:love:
:love:

My Mesa 2:fifty isn't loud enough for my needs.

I want the tone of the 2150. The 2/90/2 doesn't have KT-88's.

+the 2/90/2 is comparitavely priced to the 2150.

I'm not married, I have the money, Marty Friedman used it. etc.

don't shatter my dreams duke. I can handle it. I'm a big boy, let me make my own decisions.

hahaha.. Sorry bro, I am not trying to shatter your dreams.

I am just saying.. 150watts of power is way too much in alot of situations. I believe the VHT 2902 can also be retubed for KT88s, but your best to contact VHT about that.

But hey.. if your dream is to get a 2150, then i am happy for ya bro :)

Cheers!

• Members

VHT 2150 is overkill.... Amazing amp, but you better have four 4x12's for it.

The 2/90/2 ONLY comes with KT88's...

The 2/50/2 is EL34's...

I had my setup with the 2/90/2 and four of my VHT 4x12's at about 12 O clock on the volume. My eyes literally blurred out because it was so loud. Easily 2x as loud as a UL cranked....

Food for thought...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

VHT 2150 is overkill.... Amazing amp, but you better have four 4x12's for it.

The 2/90/2 ONLY comes with KT88's...

The 2/50/2 is EL34's...

I had my setup with the 2/90/2 and four of my VHT 4x12's at about 12 O clock on the volume. My eyes literally blurred out because it was so loud. Easily 2x as loud as a UL cranked....

Food for thought...

Steve

good info.

I didn't know the 2/90/2 had kt-88's.

I'll look into it.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

tell me about it

which tubes?

how many of them?

how many watts?

how close is it to the strategy 500?

Specifications:

2x 100 watt power amplifiers

4x 12ax7's

8x 6L6's

2 separate sides - each with 2 independent channels

Class A or Simul Class (Class A + Class A/B at the same time)

Half drive and deep extend options...YAY!

It's basically a Strategy 500 Jr. Just not as loud (no 6550's). It has the same channel switching power amp function as the S500 tho.

• Members

The VHT 2/50/2 can be set up with 6L6 too, basically this is what the VHT Black Beauty is, these were only marketed in Japan.

The Mesa Simul-295 is also one loud mother too!

The Rivera is a great amp too, but as you probably well know none of these monster amps are lite, they all come with there own hernia! Between that and the weight of a good shock rack, plus all of the other goodies that usually go along with a rig like this, I hope you always have a friend or a truck with a ramp/lift to help load in and load out that rig.

If you need an amp as loud as these things can get you must be playing some good size gigs. If I come across a VHT for sale I'll PM you.

TheGrooveking

• Members

I think this was a one day record for most replies to a monsterrack thread.:thu::love:

the 2/90/2 is looking pretty nice now.

My passion here started with:

my 9100 took up 4 spaces (due to tall 6L6's), and it was insanely heavy.

I replaced it with a mesa 2:fifty(for sale BTW).

THe 2 fifty saved me 2 rack spaces and about 20 lbs. It seemed perfect. It has new tubes and it sounds crunchy and nice. However, it isn't earthshatteringly loud like the marshall. It's a noticeable difference. I like the tone that comes with uncontrollable volume and hefty transformers.

I play over the top. I want over the top. I am over the top. I flip a switch and it's on.:idea::love: :love:

• Members

Originally posted by TheGrooveking

The VHT 2/50/2 can be set up with 6L6 too, basically this is what the VHT Black Beauty is, these were only marketed in Japan.

The Mesa Simul-295 is also one loud mother too!

The Rivera is a great amp too, but as you probably well know none of these monster amps are lite, they all come with there own hernia! Between that and the weight of a good shock rack, plus all of the other goodies that usually go along with a rig like this, I hope you always have a friend or a truck with a ramp/lift to help load in and load out that rig.

If you need an amp as loud as these things can get you must be playing some good size gigs. If I come across a VHT for sale I'll PM you.

TheGrooveking

I hava special Black Beauty coming my way...I'm pretty excited about it...

Steve is making a special run for France for Giles...

Steve

Archived