Has anybody built their own rack case?

• Members

The bass player in my band has built several rack cases to house all his PA equipment as well as various speaker enclosures and has all the proper woodworking tools so I think we are going to build three cases. One for me and the other guitar player and one for his bass rig. He said it would probably take half of a day and between $20-$30 dollars apiece in materials (hopefully that covers beer as well :thu: )

• Members

Originally posted by MadSkillzMan

really just a box with metal rails that make it 19" between each hole..

+1. Really straightforward project. You can buy the rails from Musician's Friend or several other places. I've done a couple of projects like this. Will post pix some day. :)

• Members

If you're real poor, go find your local surplus yard. There you'll find old 19 inch equipment racks, about 6-8 feet tall, and you can salvage the rails for like $5. One rail is all you need.

Make a sturdy plywood box, paint it flat black and bolt on the rails. Everything else can be added depending on how much you want to spend.

• Members

Thanks, there is a 4 ru rack, and a drawer for the pedals.

Behind the left gold panel is the power supply for the pedals.

I've been working on a switcher to go behind the right gold panel, but I may end up putting it in a rack mount case cause it pretty big.

Archived