FX Rack unit to complement ENGL Blackmore?

wok

• Members

I am looking for a good solid effect unit that doesn;t suck all the tone out of my Blackmore (which is awesome). Looking for great chorus ,reverb and delay, and possibly a good intelligent harmonizer and noise gate.

It will be used for live and studio purposes.

Budget is up to $1500

• Members

Thanks. I think i have decided on the G-Force. The Eclipse is a little steep now, and i am not a professional gigging musician.

a related question: What midi foot controller would you recommend with the G-Force?

• Members

Originally posted by wok

Thanks. I think i have decided on the G-Force. The Eclipse is a little steep now, and i am not a professional gigging musician.

a related question: What midi foot controller would you recommend with the G-Force?

A friend of mine uses a Lexicon MPX R1, but it's a little tedious to program. I'd check out the Axess Electronics FX1, or the DMC Ground Control Pro.

As I mentioned before, the T.C. G-System is quite a setup. It's a rack effects unit with a controller. The rack unit can be detached from the floorboard. The unit can switch in preamps or stompboxes and change amp channels and the floorboard is a very functional midi controller. Since it's an all in one system, it is quite easy to program. Good Luck!

Wes

• Members

Originally posted by Boltino

A friend of mine uses a Lexicon MPX R1, but it's a little tedious to program. I'd check out the Axess Electronics FX1, or the DMC Ground Control Pro.

As I mentioned before, the T.C. G-System is quite a setup. It's a rack effects unit with a controller. The rack unit can be detached from the floorboard. The unit can switch in preamps or stompboxes and change amp channels and the floorboard is a very functional midi controller. Since it's an all in one system, it is quite easy to program. Good Luck!

Wes

thanks for the advice. The G-System looks like an amazing product. However, it will cost me about

• Members

I'll probably get slapped round here for this, but the Behringer FCB1010 is apparently a pretty damn good midi controller and cheap too.

It's also probably easier to get hold of in the UK than a lot of the systems and controllers that are easily available in the States.

• Members

FCB1010 is a fine MIDI controller.

-two relays for amp channel switching etc.

-two expression pedals built in (pedal range programmable)

-up to five separate CC messages

all for $150 new.

Great Yahoo group for support, even a 3rd party eprom that adds loads of functions such as 'stompbox mode'.

A little confusing to program at first though.

Jun

Archived