Preamp Switcher

tga-3

• Members

Originally posted by tga-3

No midi, they are a Demeter VTBP-201 for Cleans and a Demeter TGP-3 for overdrive and distortion. Straight ahead tube preamps with a lot of great vintage tones.

Rick

Alright cool! Now are you looking to switch channels on those preamps at all?

Also, are you looking to add any type of effects units? pedal or rackmount? analog or midi?

Cheers

• Members

Alright cool! Now are you looking to switch channels on those preamps at all?

Also, are you looking to add any type of effects units? pedal or rackmount? analog or midi?

No need to switch channels on the preamps. I have pedals, TC Chorus, Demeter Tremulator, and Demeter Compulator, all through the 201 Bass Pre which I'm using for cleans, no midi.

Thanks

• Members

No need to switch channels on the preamps. I have pedals, TC Chorus, Demeter Tremulator, and Demeter Compulator, all through the 201 Bass Pre which I'm using for cleans, no midi.

Thanks

Well.. you can go for the GRX-4 if you want. Put each preamp in a loop and your set. the only thing you'll need is a midi controller to control the loops on the GRX-4.

What you can also do is put pedals in the other 2 loops and control everything through 1 midi controller. ofcourse you can even combine pedals in a loop or pedal(s) with preamp.

Hope that helps!

• Members

Yes, it helped a lot. Other thought from a friend is to just get another power amp and use an A/B box. I love the options.

Happy New Year,

Rick

No problem.

Just remember.. you cant use a regular A/B box to switch between Poweramps and use 1 cabinet.

you'll need a special type A/B Box.

I think getting the GRX-4, midi cable and small midi controller will probebly service you better. You wont have to lug 2 poweramps and 2 set of cabinets.

Cheers

Archived