What is this Monster Rack stuff?

• Members

Well it looks like The Monster Rack service is no more. All these n00bz think this forum is for discussing rack equipment.
:rolleyes:

It appears to have gone from the HC home page but you are correct in that this particular forum has become a discussion place for rack gear.

It's more of an amp and effects forum for guitar rack users these days without half the crap that gets posted in those forums.

• Members

It appears to have gone from the HC home page but you are correct in that this particular forum has become a discussion place for rack gear.

It's more of an amp and effects forum for guitar rack users these days without half the crap that gets posted in those forums.

:idea: HC should just change the name of this forum. Monster Rack is pretty stoopid if you ask me. They should just change it to "Rack Gear" or something since no one ever did or still does use their Monster Rack service.

• Members

:idea:
HC should just change the name of this forum. Monster Rack is pretty stoopid if you ask me. They should just change it to "Rack Gear" or something since no one ever did or still does use their Monster Rack service.

What I don't get is that they JUST edited the forum descriptions. "Discuss the Harmony Central MonsterRack Service" my butt.

• Members

Well it looks like The Monster Rack service is no more. All these n00bz think this forum is for discussing rack equipment.
:rolleyes:

Yep. What I don't get is why the service never really took off. I used it a few times and thought it was pretty cool, but I guess no one else thought so. It's possible that most people didn't even know about it. It wasn't exactly given a lot of hype.

• Members

Yep. What I don't get is why the service never really took off. I used it a few times and thought it was pretty cool, but I guess no one else thought so. It's possible that most people didn't even know about it. It wasn't exactly given a lot of hype.

So...

WTF is the Monster Rack service?!?!?!

• Members

So...

WTF is the Monster Rack service?!?!?!

It was this page where you could upload a file and the server would automatically process it using various pieces of audio gear owned by HC. The idea is that you could try out different pieces of gear as if you were playing your guitar through it in a GC or something. There were many pieces of gear that you could try out, and so it was like having access to a "monster" rack. For example, I might have a short clip of a clean guitar sound and I want to know what it would sound like run through a Pod's Plexi setting, or an Eventide harmonizer, etc. You would upload your clip, the server would run the clip through the (presumably) digital I/O of a POD, Eventide, etc., save the output, and then let you download the processed sound clip.

• Members

Thanks, SH. That sounds cool. I wonder why they didn't push it more. I wonder what happened to all the gear.:love: I bet they're just waiting a few years. Give us musicians 5 years and we'll all be doing home recordings. Then reluanch when more folks are going to have digital recordings.

• 2 months later...

Archived