My almost complete rack

• Members

It all looks great guys, but i cannot see the benefit in having a triaxis, TC, and prorackG, and all the wonderful midi complexities it entails. My

Rocktron Voodu Valve does the job of all three of these products in a one space unit, making midi much more straightforward to program. Don't get me wrong, I have heard many good things about all three of these products.* The reason i switched to a rack was that i wanted to clean up the sound, not only from a cable management standpoint, but also from a quality of devices perspective. Sroyboyk, I share the same power conditioner and tuner as you. Even though I play with a double locking trem, the tuner is a must when doing shows.

Have any of you played with a Voodu and can you tell me why the better choice for you was this group of products?

Thanks

*(Sorry for my ignorance but i cant tell if you are using a g-major or a g-force - i heard the g-force was much better.)

• Members

How is that line mixer? I need to get one.

Great, you really should get one if you're running out of the Triaxis straight into the G-Force. If you're running it in the loop, then you can get away without it.

• Members

It all looks great guys, but i cannot see the benefit in having a triaxis, TC, and prorackG, and all the wonderful midi complexities it entails. My

Rocktron Voodu Valve does the job of all three of these products in a one space unit, making midi much more straightforward to program.

I haven't tried the Voodu Valve, but there's a couple of reasons why I run it this way. One I really, really like the clean and lead tones from the Triaxis and the crunch tones from the modded MP-1. I don't want to have to settle for one or the other. :D Second is the redundancy factor. At a show, if one of my preamps dies, I take it out of the chain and keep going. If the G-Force dies, I run dry, if the power amp dies, I still have the Monstercab running into the board, etc. If one little capacitor inside that Voodu Valve takes a crap on you in the middle of your show, you're stuck unless you have a backup rig. :(

As far as programming, it's not too tough to do and once you have it set, it's there for good.

• Members

Great, you really should get one if you're running out of the Triaxis straight into the G-Force. If you're running it in the loop, then you can get away without it.

I want one because I want to get a second preamp, either a ada MP-1 or a jmp-1. I will run them to the mixer and then to the g force or everything including the g force into the mixer and then to the 2:90?

• Members

Rocktron Voodu Valve does the job of all three of these products in a one space unit, making midi much more straightforward to program. Don't get me wrong, I have heard many good things about all three of these products.* The reason i switched to a rack was that i wanted to clean up the sound, not only from a cable management standpoint, but also from a quality of devices perspective. Sroyboyk, I share the same power conditioner and tuner as you. Even though I play with a double locking trem, the tuner is a must when doing shows.

Have any of you played with a Voodu and can you tell me why the better choice for you was this group of products?

Thanks

*(Sorry for my ignorance but i cant tell if you are using a g-major or a g-force - i heard the g-force was much better.)

All devices have their own sonic stamp, and is probably a preference. I prefer using seperate devices for a few reasons. Automating certain types of effects, and specifically having each device chosen to do what it does best. :thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Nice rack. Are you a Petrucci fan? I see a triaxis, 2:90, and Dunlop rack wah.

What vented grill is that above your 2:90 if you don't mind me asking?

I don't remember who makes it, but you can get it at ASH.

Archived