Rack switchers....Help?

• Members

Well I need to know if this is what I need. I want to run my Langner Pre with either a Mesa Studio or Quad, and a TC G-Major and be able to switch all three with one footswitch.

Please dont tell me Bradshaw because I cant afford it, unless I save up for a LONG time. are there any other lesser expensive alternatives?

• Members

by one footswitch, can that mean a midi pedal?

If so, you could accomplish this with a rockman midi octopus, an axxess grx-4, or an uptown flash (REALLY rare).

You can transmit midi program change info to the G-major and have it transmit corresponding messages depending on which preamp you want to use.

This is going to get a little complicated if you still need to change channels in the preamps. The quad has 8 switch jacks. It's probably easier to use its own propriatary (spelled correctly?) footswitch.

• Members

Or the new RJM Music RG16. It's 8 audio loops and 8 functions.

CAUTION about the Axess gear though. Relays WILL get blown if you try and use the axess gear with the studio or Quad. That's pretty much the only reason I don't use the axess switchers right now.

I would get something like a GCX and midi controller. With the GCX, you can switch channels/modes by using the 1/4" jacks and also have some audio loops (for pedals and the preamps, etc).

• Members

+2 on the RJM for midi impementation of the preamps channel selections. For switching/selecting the appropriate preamp, you could use a Radial amp switcher, and have the A/B preamp1 and preamp 2 selected via midi changes via the RJM Amp Gizmo. :thu:

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300044134810&indexURL=

I have one switching everything in my MK IV currently. Previously, I had it switching on and off different wireless units using the A B features. ly - i.e. one midi change would be just electric, another for piezo, the third for both. I never tried to use the AB features to switch preamps however.

• Members

A used patchmate will end up costing you more than a GCX and from what I understand it's not any better.

That's not entirely true...The Patchmate allows you to access the loops from the front of the unit. The GCX requires you to access the loops with their MIDI controller (or comparable unit). Plus you get an extra loop and a programable Hush noise reduction.

You can get used Patchmates for $400 which is the cost of a new GCX.

I've got a couple of them I'm selling for $400 each. :)

• Members

I have one switching everything in my MK IV currently. Previously, I had it switching on and off different wireless units using the A B features. ly - i.e. one midi change would be just electric, another for piezo, the third for both. I never tried to use the AB features to switch preamps however.

I've actually been recommended this piece several times, and been trying to keep my eye out for one......

• 12 years later...

Archived