Dunlop 2SR users: red switch in or out?

• Members

It only turns the battery on and off -- which I thought only drove the LEDs in the front. It doesn't appear to affect tone for me. Obviously if you had tone difference it does more. I don't know why it isn't powered off the patch to the rack unit.

• Members

Yeah, it supposedly only turns the leds on/off but it DOES change the tone when using lower voltage. I tried it by using a power supply feeding about 4.5 volts and it sounds like it's shifting the high end down a bit :)

• Members

We probably shouldn't be discussing the secret 2SR dying battery mod in public. :)

I did put in a nearly dead nine volt, out of my CJOD which eats batteries... and it happens to be also. There is tonal change. So at least you can rest assured you're not losing your mind.

Actually I wonder how it can be controlled.

• Members

Hey, I called Jim Dunlop back....

They know about the dying battery -- but it is only supposed to work the LEDs. But here is something I learned from this cool tech guy.

If you pull the switch out, and it does pull out, you don't need a battery at all and the pedal works as if there is a battery. you just dont get the red LEDs at the heel.

So if you lose your battery, just reach down and pull that switch outboard as far as it will go.

• Members

Yup. What I'm currently doing is using a power supply into the 1FC to give it 4.5volts so it's constant and has that dying battery "tone" :p then using the side switch, I can switch between the smoother dying battery tone to the normal one.

Archived