GSP 2101...Any Info

• Members

I own a Digitech GSP-1201 LTD........It is really cool I think. But I was curious if anyone here has had experience with this unit? Any tips or tricks that might help me achieve a better sound all around?

My setup now is:

Furman power Conditioner

Rack digital Tuner...(But the GSP2101 comes with one built in)

GSP-2101

Crate SPA-200 Poweramp

Two Mesa Boogie Thiele Cabinets w/EV's

I play a Gibson LesPaul Classic....1960 reissue w/ 500Tbridge/490Tneck pickups.

I play and write and sing all original stuff. But I am in a cover band as well.

So I am looking for 80's Rock, HardRock sounds as well as some good 70's classic Rock sounds.

Any help would be awesome......Thank you!

~David

• Members

I have one and it should work great with the rig you have. Make sure you use the balanced out function which will require you to make your own XLR to 1/4" cables. Also read the hell out of the manual and get the foot controller if you don't already have it.

• Members

I had one, and now I've got a 2120 which I prefer. It's simpler to make patches and easier to use live... you can easily assign a footswitch to control a parameter within a patch, and it has a 2nd sound engine so you can have seamless patch changes.

I wish there was a 2130. My 2120 is getting old and I don't know what the good pre-amp / FX combo units are. I don't want to have to deal with two separate units.. or revert to stomp boxes

• Members

I bought mine new in 94 when I saw Jennifer Batton put it through its paces in a demo. It is still very solid. I have heard there was an upgrade you could do for it, if anyone has done it their thoughts on it would be cool.

I did think that some of the presets were set up kind of weird. What I would do it just go through each preset and adjust each parameter so it is more in line with a sound you like. Then save it to the corresponding patch. It will default to save each preset in the same position of the user bank. 1-100 is the user bank and 101-200 is the preset bank.

The thing is sooo intense in the depth of the effects it has on board. I do not think I have ever used half of what it could do. When you look at the manual it is mind boggling. Dont let the manual scare you, just get used to the way you access the parameters of the effects. As long as you are familiar with the effect your good since they all have the same parameters, you are just adjusting the digital values.

The unit has a killer sound when tweaked properly and I have not seen any unit that can compete with it except the other Digitech stuff. These kind of units do not seem to be made anymore, probably because they would cost too much. When mine finally needs some work I will just send it to Digitech and have them do it.

Archived