Help with fx loop rack order!

• Members

Hey guys, first post here. some great looking racks ive seen in the rack picture section! seems like a great community here.

anyways,

heres my situation -

Racks -

Digitech 2112 (effects processing only, no preamp or distortion running)

BBE 362 sonic maximizer

Rocktron 360 COMP/HUSH NS (mainly using this as a noise supressor more anything...)

Sabine RT1601 rack tuner

Dual 15band EQ

through the effects loop of a marshall avt150hx halfstack

ive recently acquired all these other rackmount units and the half stack besides the 2112. before i just ran my 2112 through a vox tonelab to my line-in on my computer.

now, im just wondering in what order should my rack go? Ive read where your sonic maximizer should always be last in the loop, so ill probably have that last unless someone else says otherwise, but other than that im clueless.

thanks in advanced for the help!

dave

• Members

The 2112 has a noise gate, tuner, and all the EQs that you could need Graphic and parametric. Tha Sonic Maximizer is useless so throw that in the garbage and sell the Rocktron, Sabine and EQ on ebay.

• Members

^ The 2112s noise gate blocks to much of my tone. The built in tuner doesnt pick up drop tuning well at all, and id rather have a straight forward eq then trying to use it digitally. And the sonic maximizer is wonderful. I dont know what your talking about.

thanks for the help? heh

• Members

That's a lot of gear to put inline on a serial loop.:eek: Are you sure you need all that stuff?

I would try to keep the tuner out of the signal chain if possible. Maybe the efx loop of the 2112? Make a patch with no output and the efx loop engaged for silent tuning. What midi pedal are you using?

Lowering the threshold on the noise gate might eliminate the Hush unit.

Have you tried using the 2112 (with distortion) into the efx return of your amp? Seems like you will have a more versatile rig, unless you love the Avt150's preamp section.

Sound is very subjective, so if you like the Sonic Maximizer, great. Make sure you compare your tone with the unit in the signal path and completely out, not just hitting 'bypass' on the Maximizer. You might change your mind.

Jun

Archived