Need your opinion on set up...

• Members

O.K. This is what I have so far:

Running a Yamaha T-50 head rack mounted.

GCX Audion Switcher and Ground control Pro.

T.C. Electronics G-Major (Effects Loop) used for reverb, chorus, flange, and phase.

Roland SDE-2500 (Effects Loop) used for Delay.

For distortion I'm using either a Keeley DS-1 Ultra mod or Vintage Ibanez TS-9depending on what guitar I'm playing at the time.

Real McCoy FK-1 Commpessor and a Boss NS-2.

Shure wireless system rack mounted.

As far as cabinets, 2 Genz Benz George Lynch 2X12.

Looking for a expession/volume pedal. What would you recommend? Been thinking about a Alesis F2, any other ideas or anything else I may need?

• Members

i like the EB pedals.

i know some folks have an issue with the non linear-ness of the travel, but thats easily rectified with a pot change.

they're pretty tough too, built like they're gonna last.

i do sometimes worry about the string inside snapping or coming loose. that said, i've had mine for 5 or so years with some pretty heavy usage and its still going strong

• Members

T.C. Electronics G-Major (Effects Loop) used for reverb, chorus, flange, and phase.

For distortion I'm using either a Keeley DS-1 Ultra mod or Vintage Ibanez TS-9depending on what guitar I'm playing at the time.

Looking for a expession/volume pedal. What would you recommend? Been thinking about a Alesis F2, any other ideas or anything else I may need?

Hey dmk3913,

Nice setup. I would recommend the Ernie Ball volume pedals (25K) as an expression controller. I don't know anything about the Alesis F2. Do you have a small line mixer for the effects? Are the pedals rackmounted on a shelf and controlled by the GCX audio switcher? How do you intend to power that rig in stereo with no stereo power amp?

Guitar George

• Members

Hamer95Usa, Thanks for the input. No small line mixer (not sure what you mean). Pedals rackmounted on self. Running set up in mono, thou I could run two amp at the same time using the GCX audio switcher if I wanted to run a stereo set-up. I have a 1983 JCM800 head. Forgot to mention that I'm also using a Furman PL-Plus Series II Power Conditioner for the main power of the rack, and using the NS-2 to power the pedals. DS-1 for humbuckers, TS-9 for single coils.

• Members

Hamer95Usa, I just noticed you have a USA Hamer. What model? My main guitar is a 1993 USA Hamer Daytona. I would kill some one if any thing happend to it. Best guitar ever made I.M.O.

Hey dmk3913,

I would recommend the Sound Sculpture Switchblade to handle your audio switching/ mixing needs. It allows you to run your pedals & digital effects from either the front of the amp or in the effects loop. I also own the DMC GCX audio switcher & System Mix Plus and that Switchblade puts it to shame. You might want to consider a nice tube preamp and power amp to complete your system and have a smaller effects rack for the amp heads. This is what I did with 3 racks that I have:

Guitarrack1.jpg

Pic080.jpg

Pic082.jpg

I'm currently using the small 4 space shockmounted rack w/ either my '92 Marshall 6101 1x12 combo amp or my Rocktron Vendetta.

Concerning Hamer USA guitars:

'95 Hamer Studio (custom ordered archtop & binding)

'94 Diablo II

'90 Chapparal Elite 90

'97 T-51

'82 Cruisebass

My collection is rather small compared to some of the other guys in either the Hamer Fan Club (www.hamerfanclub.com) or the Hamer Museum (www.hamermuseum.com ). Go by there, register on both sites and share pics of your Daytona, dude!! What year is your Daytona? What color is it? Does it have the maple or rosewood neck? What sort of pickups do you have on yours? Does it still have the Wilkinson bridge?

Guitar George

• Members

Very nice set up Hamer95USA. I'll check out the Switchblade.

As far as my USA Hamer Daytona, it's a 1993 sunburst with maple neck (I prefer maple necks). I have a rosewood neck on my YJM strat. Stock pick-ups. Got it used about a year ago for three hundred with case. It was a little beat up. The original wikinson was in bad shape and the frets where pretty wore. Replaced both. The pick-up are wired a little wierd, three way switch. 1st. postion bridge and middle (humbucker sound), 2nd postion middle, 3rd. postion neck. One volume knob, no tone knob. And the bridge tone knob was replaced with a on-off switch. Sound great and the neck is the best neck I've ever played. I love the radius of it.

• Members

Thanks for the info. I try to post pics a little later, I'm at work right now. Any thoughts for a expression pedal?

Hey dmik3913,

All of us guys at the Huge Racks Inc. website consider the Ernie Ball volume pedal as the best made expression pedal on the market. I personally don't use one yet on my MIDI pedalboard though I might sometime in the future. I keep an old Roland FV-100 volume pedal for those purposes.

Guitar George

• Members

Looking for a expession/volume pedal. What would you recommend?
Been thinking about a Alesis F2, any other ideas or anything else I may need?

Boss FV-500L

boss_fv500l.jpg

Archived