Best order too put these rack units in.....

LPonayz

• Members

I will be running these through the effects loop of a Mesa Boogie Single Recto head. Furman PQ3, BBE Sonic Maximizer and Rocktron Hush c. Can anyone advise me on the best order to put these in for the best sound. Thanks...

LP

Hush first, Get rid of the BBE, then the PQ3

• Members

When testng the BBE don't just put the unit on 'Bypass', take the unit completely out of the signal chain.

Jun

Excellent advice. Many a BBE has been sold not due to what the device does, but how crappy it makes everything sound when "bypassed."

• Members

Hush should not be the last item in the signal chain, especially if any digital time-based effects are used. For example, Hush would kill the tail of a reverb if it were post-effect instead of pre-effect.

In this particular instance, the EQ could be anywhere in the signal chain, pre-gain, effects loop, before or after the Hush. The reason that I suggested it to be after the Hush in this case is because BBE processing was mentioned. If the use of the EQ is going to be just to enhance the overall finished sound (like the BBE is advertized to do), then last in the signal chain before hitting the power amp would be the best location for it.

• Members

I noticed Zachman and El Grinder both recommend the Hush before EQ. Why?

Jun

Because I find that the majority of noise comes from the high gain hiss in a rig, and not from the components in a rack for instance, of course POS equipment not withstanding, that way the hiss from the high gain preamp signal is "hushed", before it gets increased exponentially by one's pedals and/or rack gear, AND if you add a hush at the end of the chain, after a delay for example, it tends to cut off the delay trails in a not cool way

Archived