Hooking up new piece of rack gear (TC Dtwo)

• Members

Hello everyone!

I am new to the world of rack gear for guitar. I recently got a new TC Electronics Dtwo Rhythm Delay. I was wondering what is the best way to hook this one up? I asked the same question in the effects forum but forgot we had a rack forum here as well...:) So I thought I would ask here too if thats alright.

I also had a quick question about preamps. I would like to eventually get a stereo setup going, what would be a suitable choice? And could I run that into my Hiwatt head?

Thanks

• Members

The TC needs a line level signal, in the efx loop is the norm.

The preamp question depends on your needs, taste and budget. Most preamps are mono unless they have efx built in.

Does your Hiwatt have an efx loop?

Jun

None of my amps have an effects loop...Which is a real pain. I don't feel like going out and buying an new amp just to use my D-two to its full capabilities. The D-two isn't true stereo I don't think anyways...I will have to double check though. As for a preamp I want something clean, no need for hi-gain stuff, relatively affordable. So what could I do?

Thanks!

• Members

The normal way to hook up an external preamp is thru the efx return, bypassing the amp head's preamp.

Looks like you need a preamp and a stereo amp if you want to go stereo.

Your guitar>Dtwo>HIwatt probably is not going to sound very good unless you have active pickups.

If you can return the Dtwo I would look into maybe a floor unit that will accept a guitar signal. Eventide, TC, Line6, Boss etc.

Jun

Archived