Question about Eq...

Boganova

• Members

Hey hey guys

Im loving my G major effects unit, and find that its eq makes a huge difference to my tone. It just allows that extra bit of tweaking that makes a huge difference.

However, I need some advice. Im new to the whole digital eq thing, and am curious, whats the typical eq range of the three different eqs normally found. for example, whats the HZ range of lows, and when do they become mids, and when are you in the high frequency,

I ask because i love mids, and wanna boost the hell out of them, but am not sure if im boosting quite the right frequency.

Also, whats some good guide lines for the width of the eq? like, keep it narrow or wide etc

• Members

This is a VERY ROUGH guideline--actual EQ ranges vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

bass - 100 hz or below

mid - 1 khz

treble - 10 khz and above

if you're using an EQ with more bands, sub bass (50 hz), midbass (500 hz), and upper mids (~5khz) could be added into that series.

As I said before, the actual frequency centers and affected band widths vary between manufacturers. That guideline should get you started. If you're using a parametric EQ (I don't recall if the g-major's is parametric), you can choose frequency center and width for each band.

Archived