Paramtric EQ recommendations

perceive

• Members

Offer is noted and appreciated - I may take you up on that - One of my main concerns was that the seller wanted to send UPS.. which is fine - but normally UPS would cost $150 for something like that compared to USPS $50-60.. and they take about the same time to turn up.

I don't care and would prefer to send it to you via USPS anyway, so you could have the guy send it to me via UPS, and I could send from here to Melbourne via USPS of course by the time he senthere via UPS and I forwarded via USPS, you will probably be at the $150 mark anyway.

KILLER unit, if you can snag it, pay the shipping you'll be glad you got it

• Members

Appreciated!

The unit is in my watch list.. the critical thing for me is that it stays below about $700 US .. above that I have to pay taxes *puke* (taxes by the way, are $50, plus a tariff of about 5% I believe, plus a 10% tax on Shipping, product, tariff and $50 combined). You can see why I want to avoid them!

• Members

Appreciated!

The unit is in my watch list.. the critical thing for me is that it stays below about $700 US .. above that I have to pay taxes *puke* (taxes by the way, are $50, plus a tariff of about 5% I believe, plus a 10% tax on Shipping, product, tariff and $50 combined). You can see why I want to avoid them!

Best of luck bro :thu:

• Members

I'm using an Aphex 109 which i'm pretty happy with. Forget about the tube essence feature which doesn't (to my ears) do that much. It's a two band stereo or four band mono unit. It's not too effective at boosting very high frequencies but it doesn't sound harsh when you try.

Cons are it uses a wallwart and it doesn't have a power switch though this doesn't really bother me.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Okay have a tc 1140 on the way - expecting in the post any day - so hopefully problem solved!

thanks again for the advice for those that gave it...

I have an 1140.

You'll love it.

It's a very quiet unit that won't affect your tone unless thsoe knobs are turned either way away from noon.

great unit:thu:

• Members

You can get the Alto Q 5-band Parametric EQ. I got one from Kosmic Sound & Lighting, in Perth for about $200 I think (definitely not much more than that).

It's definitely rackmountable. I just sit mine on top of my combo amp, next to my amps heads.

I love it, you can do so much with it! 5 overlapping bands with fully adjustable frequency, Q control (bandwidth), and level. Also has an adjustable low pass filter and high pass filter. Even a LED level that can be set prior EQ or post-EQ.

It's a sweet EQ! :cool:

I apologise for the bad quality of the picture. Take note that I don't use this EQ into the combo amp it sits on. I run it in the effects loop of my Engl Fireball (100% wet).

6yp0adt.jpg

Archived