Rack Gurus I need Help choosing an Effects Unit.

• Members

Ok so I want to start to put together a nice effects rack

What do you guys recommend. I'm looking for a unit more for great effect and not so much distortion but if it has it thats fine.

I want to be able to control it midi with my ENGL SE. So there can be no switching lag or noise.

I want a unit that is not going to make my tone sound digital when adding delay or any other effects for that matter?

Thanks

• Members

Digitech GSP1101; it's best for not coloring your tone and allowing you to split up some effects to be pre and some post while using your head in between.

I had the G-Force, and G-System and many others.

I'd pick the GSP1101 over any of them at any price.

Can't speak of the AxeFx though...

• Members

If there was no waiting list I would say AxeFX. Forget the modelling part, it is good but you already have your tone. The efx and the routing possibilities are endless and high quality. I don't remember how quick the patches change though.

Jun

+1. I own an Ultra and the effects are top notch. But the wait list to get one is 4 months. If you can't wait, The G-Force is also a great option. I owned one before I bought my Ultra.

Eventide is great stuff too but the learning curve is pretty high. The G-Force is a lot easier to edit and configure.

I've noticed almost no lag time between switching patches on both the Ultra and the G-Force.

Archived