Need help with popping sound from G.C. Pro.

• Members

I have a Ground Control Pro running to a GCX Audio Switcher. I have a

G-Major (Loop 1)and Boss CE-2 (Loop 2) in my amps effect loop. When I switch on the CE-2 I get a loud popping sound. I tried in my chain, and it was worse. Changed cables, and still no luck on getting rid of the sound. Any one have any ideas how to solve this problem? :confused:

Also using a Furman PL2 Plus to power everything.

• Members

Tried it in front of my amp through the GCX and the popping was louder. My chain is like this if it helps, Wireless guitar in on the front/ guitar out to loop1/ ts-9 in loop 1/ ds-1 loop 2/ ns-2 loop 3/ into front of amp/ G-Major in loop 5/ ce-2 in loop 6/ loop 8 is used for channel switching. Loop 5 and 6 are running through my amp effects loop. Tried the ce-2 in loop 4, but as I stated a loud popping noise. Also when the ce-2 is engaged, thier is an increase in volume when I'm using the clean channel, and a decrease when I'm using the dirty channel. Any ideas?:confused:

• Members

How are you powering the CE-2? I know the powering it with anything but the vintage boss adapter will do weird {censored} unless you daisy-chain it off of something.

What amp are you using?

Since the issue still happens with it in another loop it probably isn't the GCX. That still leaves the chorus itself and the amp. Though I would guess it's the chorus.

• Members

Daisy-chaining it off of the NS-2. I have a Yahama T-50 that I sent a few years ago to Mike Soldano to do his mods i.e. Choke/Re-Tube and what ever else he does. I'm guessing it's the CE-2, sence the other pedals and g-major don't cause the popping sound. So the question still stands, how do I fix this problem?:confused:

Archived