Pod Footswitch question

gappa

• Members

Either a dedicated Line 6 floorboard or any Midi pedal will do the job. The Line 6 will probably present more features though. Your friend was probably using a Zoom 8050 midi foot controller which coincidentally used to provide extra functionality in a similar way on certain Zoom processors.

Nice friend who gives out those sort of things to his mates! :thu:

• Members

LOL I'll let you know.

Originally what happened was this- I had problems with my new Guitar Research head. I was forced to use my workhorse marshall combo for a big show ( which, as always, worked great ). He knew I was having trouble and didn't use the stuff, so he said as logn as it works it can be mine. I have togo pick it up tomorrow but I can't think of any reason why they would not be functional.

woot!

• Members

Nice to know there are genuinely nice people out there like your friend. :thu:

The Line 6 boards aren't cheap, so if you're up on Midi stuff and this is a backup rig, I'd look at the Behringer FCB1010 midi controller to get most of the same functionality as the Line 6 floorboards give you at a much lower price.

Also a Midi footpedal will work with any Midi gear if you get more in the future whereas the Line 6 ones will not.

That was the great thing about the Zoom 8050 (I'm after one when I can find one on ebay at the right price) is that it had specific control functions when connected to a Zoom processor but also worked as a damn powerful Midi pedal with other gear if so required.

Good luck with it whichever route you go.

• Members

This is a tip I wish someone would have gave me before I bought the Line 6 pedal board with the two expression pedals. Ground Control Pro comes with a default set (I think it was version 2), so ALL the functions are present where as the Line 6 you had to toggle between effects and patch selection. You can pick some expression pedals as well for the Ground Control Pro. The Ground Control PRO has been great, usefully, and meets the needs for the price when comparing to alternatives.

Archived